- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Mega and MiMedia?
Let us understand the concepts of Mega and MiMedia before learning the differences between them.
Mega is a cloud storage and file hosting service developed by MEGA Ltd in the year 2013. It was written by using the languages C++, java script, java and C. The Mega services offered by using web based apps.
It was the largest free cloud storage across the world with 20 GB storage allocation for free accounts. Mega supports Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Browser extension operating systems. It provides Cloud storage, File hosting service and Remote backup service.
The features of Mega are as follows −
- MEGA provides large cloud storage space.
- Download files using links without sign up.
- File management, even on mobile devices.
- It was designed with user-controlled end-to-end encryption.
- Backup your Recovery Key.
- Two-Factor Authentication.
- Share your files anytime, anywhere.
- Easy communications with the team.
- Keep Your Chat Private and Safe.
- History Retention Control.
- Photo, file and location sharing instantly.
The advantages of Mega are as follows −
- Zero-knowledge encryption
- Encrypted sharing links
- Plenty of free storage
- Previews for media & documents
The disadvantages of Mega are as follows −
- High prices for paid plans.
- Not good for collaboration.
- Poor customer support.
- User experience could be better.
MiMedia is a new approach for online backup and storage services developed in 2010. It is an innovative way to securely store, protect, accessibility and share our digital data over the cloud.
It also provides online backup, on demand access to all stored files instantly. We can also watch our favourite videos, stream your music, view photo galleries and much more with any computer or mobile device.
The features of MiMedia are as follows −
- MiMedia shares files and folders,
- It can schedule backup
- We can access anytime and from anywhere
- Edit office document online
- Remote Access
- Desktop synchronous
- File protection
- Drag and drop support
The advantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- Interface usability
- Customer service
- Large free storage capacity
- Encryption options
- Organization features
The disadvantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- User interface is unfriendly
- There is no sync folder
- Advanced sharing options are not there
- No versioning system
- Trash bin is not available.
- There is no client-side encryption
The operating system support includes Windows, iPhone, iPad. With regards to security, rest file encryption, SSL secure data transfer, Encrypted storage, 256-bit Encryption is included.
The major differences between Mega and MiMedia are as follows −
|Mega was owned by Mega Limited in the year 2013||MiMedia was owned by MiMedia LLC in 2010.|
|Mega offers 15 GB free storage space||MiMedia offers 10 GB free storage space.|
|Mega provides file hosting service, file synchronization service, and cloud storage service.||MiMedia provides cloud storage and back up service.|
|Mega supports file versioning||MiMedia does not support file versioning|
|The maximum file size in Mega is equal to cloud drive space.||MiMedia maximum file size is 5GB|
|Mega is still in use||MiMedia is still active.|
|Mega storage capacity is 100TB||MiMedia maximum storage capacity is 2TB|
|Mega is having a bandwidth limit of 10GB for free and 96TB for paid version||MiMedia does not have a bandwidth limit.|
|Mega provides applications to all operating systems||MiMedia does not provide applications to all operating systems.|
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Box and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between CloudMe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Wasabi and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between ShareFile and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between iCloud and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Jumpshare and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Mega and RapidShare?