Using MySQL Databases With Python
Learn MySql Database With Python The Fast and Easy Way!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
These days everything uses a database, and MySQL is one of the most popular databases out there. FREE and Open Source, Mysql is a great database for just about all your needs.
Likewise, Python is one of the most popular and powerful programming languages today. Pairing the two together is a powerful combination!
In this course you'll learn the basics of using MySQL with Python.
You'll learn how to create databases and tables, add data, sort data, create reports, pull specific data, and more.
For this courses I'll assume you already have a basic knowledge of Python programming, but you don't need to know anything at all about databases or MySQL to take the course.
What Is A Database
How To Install Python
How To Install Git Bash Terminal
How To Download MySQL
How To Install MySQL and Workbench
How To Install MySQL Connector
How To Connect to Database in Python
How To Explore The MySQL Workbench
How To Create A Database
How To Create A Table
How To Insert One Record Into Table
How To Insert Many Records Into Table
Understanding Data Types
How To Select Data From Table
How To Format Our Results
How To Use The Where Clause
How To Use The Like Clause and Wildcards
How To Use AND and OR
How To Updating Records
How To Limit and Order Results
How To Delete Records
How To Delete (Drop) A Table And Backups
I'll walk you through all of this and more, step by step. If you have any question along the way, I'm here to answer them.
If you've ever wanted to understand databases or use them in your Python programs, this is the course for you.
We'll download everything you need for this course for free, you don't need any special tools!
I'll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to use the MySQL Database with Python
What will you learn in this course:
- Understand how to use MySQL Databases With Python
- Understand the basics of what a Database can do.
- Install Python, MySQL, Git Bash, and MySQL Connector
- You'll Learn How To Create a Database and Table
- How to put data in and take data out using Python
- How to update and delete data from the database
- How to explore what's in the database whenever you want
- How to create basic reports with the data from your database
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A Basic Understanding Of Python Programming Would Be Helpful
- You don't need any special tools, we'll download everything we need for free. You just need a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:34 02:34
- What Is A Database 05:14 05:14
- Install Python 04:53 04:53
- Install Git Bash Terminal 04:20 04:20
- Download MySQL 04:11 04:11
- Install MySQL and Workbench 07:48 07:48
- Install MySQL Connector 04:16 04:16
- Connect to Database in Python 05:38 05:38
- Explore MySQL Workbench 07:34 07:34
- Create A Database 07:13 07:13
- Create A Table 08:54 08:54
- Insert One Record Into Table 05:39 05:39
- Insert Many Records Into Table 05:39 05:39
- Understanding Data Types 04:51 04:51
- Select Data From Table 05:18 05:18
- Format Our Results 07:29 07:29
- The Where Clause 04:06 04:06
- The Like Clause and Wildcards 02:50 02:50
- Using AND and OR 03:40 03:40
- Updating Records 05:23 05:23
- Limit and Ordering 04:37 04:37
- Delete Records 02:44 02:44
- Delete (Drop) A Table And Backups 05:57 05:57
- Conclusion 01:41 01:41
John ElderFounder of Codemy
John Elder is a pioneer in Web Development who created one of the first Internet advertising networks back in 1997. He sold it to a publicly traded company at the height of the dot com boom and then went on to create the best-selling Submission-Spider search engine submission software that's been used by over 3 million individuals and small businesses in over 45 countries.
John graduated with honors with a degree in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis where he was an ArtSci Scholar.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now