Unit Testing and Test Driven Development in Python
Learning the discipline of Test Driven Development (also known as TDD) Using the Python Programming Language
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Test Driven Development is a key discipline every software developer should practice to ensure the quality of their code. In this course I'll show you how to use this discipline in your everyday coding practices to help ensure the quality of your code base.
In this course we’ll be going over:
- What is Unit Testing and Test Driven Development and how does it help you.
- What is the PyTest testing library and how is it used for writing unit tests in Python.
- How to setup some common Python development environments to use PyTest.
- What are Test Doubles and how do you implement and use them with unittest.mock.
- What are some Best Practices for unit testing and Test Driven Development.
- We’ll also walk through some hands on example programming sessions using TDD in Python.
What will you learn in this course:
- Understand what is Unit Testing and Test Driven Development and how do they help you.
- Understand what the PyTest testing library is and how it is used for writing unit tests in Python.
- Know how to setup some common Python development environments to use PyTest.
- Understand what Test Doubles are and how they are implemented and used with unittest.mock.
- Know some of the Best Practices for Unit Testing and Test Driven Development.
- Walk through some hands on example programming sessions using TDD in Python.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A basic understanding of the Python programming language.
- A PC running Windows, MacOS X, or Linux.
- Python 2.7 or 3 installed on that PC.
- A Python development environment setup (editor and/or IDE of choice.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:28 02:28
Overview of Unit Testing and Test Driven Development
Setting Up Your Development Environment
The Supermarket Checkout Kata
TDD Best Practices
Richard WellsProfessional software engineer passionate about quality code
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now