Very well put-together and professional course, great learning experience.
Understanding Stock Market: Conceptual Course for Beginners
Learn the Art and Science of Investment and Trading
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this course hosted by PRUDENCE Engineering and Financial Consultants, Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid explains the gambit of Stock Market Investment and Trading in a very simple and lucid manner. The instructor is a post graduate engineer, an MBA in Finance, a Chartered Engineer, a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers(India) and a doctorate in Management. Thus, qualified to be an instructor on the subject.
The instructor believes that when people Invest and Trade without adequate knowledge they end up making losses. They shy away from learning because they think that the subject is too confusing and risky. This course is designed to dispel the fear by structuring it in four sections as follows:-
Section 1 titled Know the Stock Market as a Playfield, explains various aspects of the stock market like what is the concept of a share, what is shareholding and capital structure, what are IPOs and FPOs and what is the concept of their pricing, the concept of Profit, Dividend and Growth, what is Primary and Secondary market and how a trade happens, what is a Depository, Depository Participant and Clearing house, the logic of share price fluctuations and how one can start investing in a stock market.
Section 2 titled Know the Market Players and how they play, makes the student familiar with the various market players like Arbitrators, Hedgers or Hedge Funds, Institutional Investors, FIIs, DIIs, HNIs, Business news channels, Analysts, Panelists and Speculators apart from Investors and Traders. The students get a clear idea of what the intentions and agenda of these players are and how they influence the stock price.
Section 3 titled Know the Parameters and Rules of the Game, is all about broad understanding of Investment and Trading nuances like Fundamental Analysis, Financial Statements, Ratios and other stock parameters, Candlestick patterns, Technical Indicators and Technical analysis, meaning of Derivatives etc.
What will you learn in this course:
- Completion of this course will give the students a clear and comprehensive knowledge of the stock market based on which they can begin their investment and trading journey and ultimately with due practice and experience, they can become professional Investors and Traders.
- This course is purely for educational purposes. Investment and trading in stock market involves financial risk. Students taking this course are advised to exercise due diligence before making any investment or trade in stock market. The instructor or any party related to this course or it's content will not be responsible for any kind of loss to anyone in anyway, due to this course.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no prerequisites for the course except an interest in Stock Market investment and Trading and a desire to learn it in a systematic manner. We shall be learning the subject from very basics.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Know the Stock market as a Playfield
- 1. Promo Video 03:06 03:06
- 2. Preview 09:41 09:41
- 3. Know what you do 03:28 03:28
- 4. The concept of a Share 03:05 03:05
- 5. The Share holders, Share holding and Capital structure 12:51 12:51
- 6. Understanding IPO, FPO and their Pricing. Part 1 19:12 19:12
- 7. Understanding IPO, FPO and their Pricing. Part 2 17:40 17:40
- 8. Source of Capital and its Significance 12:14 12:14
- 9. The concept of Profit, Dividend and Growth: Part 1 09:30 09:30
- 10. The concept of Profit, Dividend and Growth: Part 2 09:44 09:44
- 11. Understanding Primary and Secondary Markets 09:01 09:01
- 12. How does a trade happen in the secondary market? 07:36 07:36
- 13. How do I start investing in the Stock Market? 09:45 09:45
- 14. The Depository, Depository Participant and Clearing House 12:17 12:17
- 15. How to place a Buy or Sell order 18:30 18:30
Know the market players and how they play
Know the Parameters and Rules of the Game
Add On Lessons
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now