Time and Workload Management
How to Manage a Busy Life
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In today's highly pressurized workplaces there is much to be gained by developing our knowledge, skills and confidence in relation to time and workload management. This course, equivalent to a full-day's continuous professional development, provides opportunities to learn how to manage our pressures as effectively as possible.
The course, presented and developed by author, Dr Neil Thompson, is based on four principles of Time and Workload Management:
- Too much work is too much work Trying to do more than we reasonably can is unhelpful. If we are overloaded we need to think strategically about how we can deal with the situation, rather than simply work faster or harder.
- Managing energy as well as time How much work we can get done in a given amount of time will depend on levels of motivation and morale, so these are important factors to consider.
- Skills not qualities No one is born well organized or focused; these are skills we can learn, skills that can be developed over time.
- Investing time to save time Not taking time to think, plan, analyse and get a sense of control is a serious but sadly not uncommon mistake.
Divided into six main lessons, the course provides a clear and helpful introduction to this important subject matter and offers an excellent foundation for developing your knowledge, skills and confidence in tackling the challenges of managing a heavy workload.
This course will help you to feel more confident in making sure that your workload pressures remain within manageable limits so that you can keep stress at bay.
The course has been designed to be flexible so that you can dip into it when it suits you within your busy schedule. In keeping with one of the important lessons put forward by this course, the time invested in it will be handsomely repaid by greater confidence in managing your pressures efficiently and effectively.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in becoming more efficient and effective in a pressurized workplace setting will find much of value in this course. If you work in a pressurized environment where you are expected to manage your time and your workload efficiently and effectively, this course will offer you a sound foundation of understanding on which to build. So, whatever sector you work in, whether you are a manager or a practitioner, a member of a team or working alone, this course can help you get more out of the time available in the working day.
What will you learn in this course:
By the end of this course you will be able to manage your time and workload pressures more effectively
In this course you will learn about the four principles of time and workload management
You will appreciate that work overload can be avoided
You will learn about the importance of managing motivation as well as time
You will appreciate the need to invest time to save time
What are the prerequisites for this course?
There are no specific requirements for this course. All you need to benefit from it are a desire to improve your efficiency and effectiveness and a willingness to make the effort needed to learn.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introductory Video 06:00 06:00
- Module Companion e-book - please print me out!
Lesson One: Why it is important to get it right
Lesson Two: Too much work is too much work
Lesson Three: Managing energy as well as time
Lesson Four: Skills not qualities
Lesson Five: Investing time to save time
Lesson Six: Putting the principles into practice
Dr Neil Thompson is a highly experienced tutor and trainer. He is highly respected for his ability to explain complex ideas clearly and effectively. His gentle voice and unhurried approach are widely appreciated by online learners as will as attendees at his conferences and workshops.
He is an independent writer, educator and adviser based in Wales. He is also a visiting professor at the Open University in the UK.. He is a well-published author with over 200 publications to his name, including over 40 books, several of which are bestsellers. He has been a speaker at conferences in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Norway, the Netherlands, Greece, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Hong Kong, India, the United States, Canada and Australia.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now