The Creative Accountant
Personal and Professional Problem-Solving Skills to help you improve your effectiveness and expand your horizons
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
As an accountant you may spend most of your time in the detail – transactions, reports, analysis and so on.
It’s easy to get our minds stuck in the detail – I know it happens to me. But to be an effective manager, and to develop your career, you need to be able to come out of the wood and see the trees and the wider landscape.
This course – the creative accountant – is about just that: developing your personal and professional skills to be a more creative, more capable problem-solver so that you can improve your effectiveness as a manager, expand your horizons and develop your career.
To progress and grow as a professional you need more than just technical accounting skills. You need to be a creative accountant.
But the term “creative accountant” has become something of a joke! It’s time to take the phrase back; to stop people thinking about cooking the books and to start to make them realise that accountants are creative thinkers and valuable members of any improvement team.
If you think you’ve become slightly too obsessive about the detail and need a bigger picture view to think through issues and solve problems from a broader perspective, then this is the course for you.
What will you learn in this course:
- The Three Types of Problem
- Why most change programmes fail
- The Mindset for Problem Solving
- The Critical Problem and how to deal with it
- The Tame Problem
- Tools for Tame Problems
- Wicked Problems
- A Strategy to Deal with Wicked Problems
- Tools for Wicked Problems
- How to be a Change Agent
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no course pre-requisites.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- L1 The Three Types of Problem 04:59 04:59
- Why Change Fails 07:21 07:21
- The Critical Problem 06:47 06:47
- Dealing with the Stress of a Critical Problem 05:22 05:22
- The Tame Problem 08:19 08:19
- Additional Tools for Problem Solving 06:47 06:47
- The Four Frame Model 07:26 07:26
- Wicked Problems 03:44 03:44
- What can we do with Wicked Problems? 04:53 04:53
- A Strategy to Deal with Wicked Problems 08:38 08:38
- Problem Solving Tools for Wicked Problems 07:23 07:23
- Solution Focussed Approaches 05:50 05:50
- How to be a Change Agent 09:28 09:28
- Key Learning Points 10:11 10:11
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now