The Art of Doing: Dive Into Android Development with Kotlin
Master the fundamentals of Android Studio, Android app development, and the Kotlin programming language
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
The Art of Doing: Dive into Android development with Kotlin is a course that takes the time to lay a foundation and build upon it. We won’t just get Android Studio installed and rush through all it does for us in creating a project. Instead, we will walk through each file created and the given starter code, so you feel like you are in control of the applications you are writing! We’ll continue on this trend of fully explaining and gaining a mastery level of understanding of concepts as we explore various views, layout styles, view and data binding, fragments and navigation, and lastly MVVM architecture.
In this course, we will walk through, step by step, how to design the layout and the functionality of unique, engaging, and purposeful apps. Together, we will work through 15 sections of this course. Each section will highlight concepts and ideas, explaining every step along the way and answering any questions you might have.
By the end of this course, you will be coming up with your own app ideas and feel confident enough in your abilities to create them.
The complete code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/The-Art-of-Doing-Dive-Into-Android-Development-with-Kotlin
- This course is designed for beginner Android students looking to understand Android application development with Kotlin.
What will you learn in this course:
- Create your own Android apps using Android Studio and Kotlin.
- Test and upload your applications on your own physical/emulated devices.
- How to design app layouts using linear and constraint layouts.
- How to use binding objects (view and data binding) to improve projects.
- How to implement navigation and fragments for dynamic apps.
- How to implement view models and live data.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- One must have a basic understanding of computer programming principles such as variables, conditionals, loops, and functions as these won’t be covered. Also, have a computer capable of running Android Studio or the Android Emulator or a physical Android device for testing.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Installation and Setup
- Course Preview 08:27 08:27
- Installation and Introduction 09:28 09:28
- Creating A Project 07:26 07:26
- Using a Virtual Device 11:22 11:22
- Using a Physical Device 05:13 05:13
- Links to Resources Used 03:08 03:08
Exploring the Basics of Android Studio
The Linear Layout: A First Look
Motivate Me App
The Constraint Layout: A First Look
Coin Flip App
Diaper Tracker App
Fragments and Navigation: A First Look
Score Keeper App
View Models and Live Data: A First Look
Click! The App
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now