Supply Chain Metrics
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
What Are Supply Chain Metrics?
Supply chain metrics are the numbers and ratios a company tracks to measure how efficiently it delivers goods to customers. Keys to efficiency in supply chain execution include how well and cost-effectively companies drive the flow of materials from procurement to delivery, including activities like production, warehousing and transportation.
The right metrics shed light on where to invest to achieve maximum returns.
- It’s vital to employ metrics and KPIs to assess how your supply chain is performing.
- Important KPIs for finance include cash-to-cash cycle times and gross margin return on investments.
- Inventory turnover ratios and inventory velocity are two central gauges of how well your company manages its intake and outflow of goods.
- A central KPI dashboard accessible to all stakeholders helps leaders stay on the same page and prioritize resources.
What are supply chain KPIs?
Supply chain key performance indicators (KPIs) quantify how well a supply chain is performing. Leaders need to decide which KPIs are most important to track.
Because there are many metrics that can add value, we often advise companies to divide supply chain KPIs into tiers based on functions. A company may decide on a bucket of top metrics that are most important to its business and watch some lower-tier KPIs occasionally.
What will you learn in this course:
Lean Supply Chain Definition
Characteristics of Lean Supply Chain
Improving the Supply Chain Performance
Understand how lean can improve Supply Chain
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Basic Supply Chain knowledge
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Value creators & Effective frontier 14:51 14:51
OTIF and other metrics
GMROI & others
ITR & fill rate
Vendor delivery performance
Introduction to SCOR
Pattabhi RamanExp. Supply Chain Professional, APICS- CPIM, CSCP, CLTD
Founder & Chief Consultant at Exxpert SCM, Bangalore
* Organizational experience of 25 years
* APICS Certified: CPIM, CSCP, CLTD, DDI Certified - DDPP, ISM Certified - CPM, PMI Certified - PMP
* Analytics qualified, Expert in Supply Chain Analytics
* Trained for Training(Train the Trainer)
# All above 4 qualities make a perfect Supply Chain Trainer, which is possible with only trainers globally
He has wide experience of three decades in the manufacturing sector comprising automotive, and machinery.
He has worked in India and Abroad in MNCs such as BOSCH, WABCO, VISTEON, and BIESSE. He has held various senior positions in the supply chains such as GM – Supply chain, GM – Material Planning, and Logistics.
He has led and managed large teams of supply chain professionals specializing in areas such as warehouse and distribution management, logistics management, and material planning. He has successfully implemented various supply chain processes, optimization projects, ERP implementation projects, cost-saving projects, etc.
Last 5 years, he is heading the current organization, providing both consulting & training. One of the popular program is "Supply Chain Analytics" which has the global audiences and appreciated by peers.
Our organization provides both live and self paced programs
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now