SQL for Newcomers - The Full Mastery Course
A course to make you an SQL genius!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course will teach you how to use SQL (Structured Query Language), a language so prominent for relational databases, databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLlite and more.
SQL now is a great skill to have if you want to work as a data analyst, data scientist, BI developer, data engineer, database administrator or even a software developer/engineer, since all these jobs need to use databases and data in a daily basis.
I'm a beginner, is this course for me?
Sure! This course was done for beginners. Even students with experience in SQL may find it useful too to memorize some keywords and functions, as well as learning more about the bits they may miss.
Is there any prerequisites to attend this course?
The only thing you need is a PC or laptop with average performance and any operating system installed on. We'll be using Windows 10 for this course but the OS does not matter since the tech we'll be using is cross-platform and can work on Linux and Mac.
Who this course is for:
- Junior data analysts and scientists.
- Junior developers who need to work on relational databases.
- Undergraduate students who study relational databases in their curriculum.
- Anyone who's interested to learn SQL and add it to their resume.
What will you learn in this course:
- Able to select & filter data using SQL, fetch data for useful reports based on different requirements.
- Manipulate data by adding new records & modifying or deleting existing ones.
- Create & modify tables with setting constraints to columns.
- Learn some of the most useful built-in functions in SQL, as well as data type conversion.
- Join tables using different join types SQL provides.
- Brag about how cool they are knowing how to use SQL with their friends.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Have a PC or laptop to work on. Your old clunky notebook will do.
- Can work on any operating system (Windows, Linux & MacOS).
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:15 01:15
- Tools Used in This Course 01:00 01:00
Setting Up Course Tools
Browsing & Filtering Data
Filter Data with AND, OR, NOT Operators
Tidy Up Your Results: Sorting, Alias Names, Limit Records
NULL, DISTINCT & CASE Statements
Functions in SQL: Multiple-Row Functions
Functions in SQL: Single-Row Functions
Casting & Data Conversion
Joins in SQL
Data Manipulation (DML)
SQL Data Definition Language (DDL)
Sameh SharafData Engineer
A data engineer, working with data for 8 years and counting. Passionate for teaching as for learning.
I'm a certified AWS Solution Architect - Associate and Google Cloud Data Engineer Professional.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now