- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Selenium - Element is not clickable at point
We can get the error - Element is not clickable at point while trying to click a link in Selenium webdriver. This is common in chromedriver as the Chrome browser determines an element with point location.
When the position of an element is changing and we make an attempt to click on it, this error is encountered. This is because the element is present in DOM, but its position is not fixed on the page.
There are some workarounds to fix this error as listed below −
Adding the explicit wait. The webdriver can wait till the expected condition - visibilityOf(webdriver shall wait for an element in DOM to be visible).
Adding the explicit wait. The webdriver can wait till the expected condition - visibilityOfElementLocated. The webdriver shall wait for an element to be present in DOM and displayed on the page.
Maximize the size of the browser.
Adding methods of the Actions class.
WebElement l = driver.findElement(By.name("field-name")); Actions at = new Actions(driver); at.moveToElement(l).click().perform();
Syntax to get location along x axis −
Syntax to get location along y axis −
- Getting this error: "Element is not clickable at point"
- Selenium Exception Error - Element is not clickable at point (x,y). Other element would receive the click
- Check that the element is clickable or not in Selenium WebDriver
- How to resolve exception Element Not Interactable Exception in Selenium?
- Why is cricket not played at the Olympics?
- Which exception is raised when an element is not found in an HTML DOM using XPath in Selenium?
- Test if element is present using Selenium WebDriver?
- C# and Selenium: Wait Until Element is Present
- Creating Clickable Tkinter labels
- Gmail login fail using Selenium webdriver. Showing element not found for password.
- What is Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)?
- Style every element that is not the specified element with CSS
- How do I verify that an element does not exist in Selenium 2?
- Test if an element is focused using Selenium Webdriver.
- Why Selenium IDE is not used for dynamic Website testing?