Reverse Engineering Ransomware
Static and dynamic analysis. Reverse engineering. Writing Decryptors
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
The aim of this course is to provide a practical approach to analyzing ransomware. Working with real world samples of increasing difficulty, we will:
Deep dive into identifying the encryption techniques,
Navigate through various evasion tricks used by malware writers,
Have fun discovering flaws in their logic or the implementation and
Work out automated ways to recover the affected files.
If you're already familiar with the basics and want to dive straight into advanced samples, navigate anti-virtualisation and anti-analysis tricks, and write C and Python decryptors for custom crypto algorithms, please check out our Advanced Reverse Engineering Ransomware course!
Who this course is for:
- Security testers
- Malware analysts
- Forensics investigators
- System administrators
- Information security students
- Anyone interested in ransomware and malware analysis
What will you learn in this course:
- The lectures, videos and other resources will provide relevant information about current malware analysis tricks
- How to use disassemblers and other security tools
- How to identify flaws in ransomware code or encryption logic
- Practice on progressively difficult samples which illustrate different concepts each
- Practice acquired knowledge via quizzes for each section
- How to write simple decrpytors in a high-level language (source code provided)
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic programming knowledge
- A computer that can run a Windows virtual machine.
- An interest in disassembling things and understanding how they work!
- Patience and perseverance to “try harder”.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Introduction 05:49 05:49
Under the hood of a simple cryptor
More disassembling and writing decryptors
Cristina GheorghisanTrainer and Coach
Hello and welcome everyone. My name is Cristina. I am a trainer and coach with a strong background in Software Security. For the past 10 years I’ve been working in software industry where security is a topic on a daily basis. I am very happy that you decided to join my courses! Thank you
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now