very good explanation
Query Optimization Techniques in SQL
This is an advanced course which embodies an aggregation of all the neccessery techniques to write optimized queries.
This course is designed for people who want to master SQL at the middle and senior levels. We will discuss the Oracle database as an example, but all the working and research methods can be applied to other relational databases.
In our course, we will talk about such an important aspect as query optimization and will deeper analyze the theoretical questions that may be useful not only for successful work, but also for the interviews. The focus will be on the technical implementation of the acquired knowledge, paying the most attention to the "under the hood" operation.
What you should already be able to do
- write basic SQL queries
⁃ use aggregate functions
⁃ use analytical functions
⁃ write your own functions (in PLSQL or, speaking of Oracle, using the with construction: a new feature introduced by Oracle, and according to the presentation, it should work 4 times faster than PLSQL variant).
In this course we will go through:
- query plan and how to read it
- join algorithms
- hints and statistics
- use of temporary, intermediate tables and materialized views
Mastering the topics mentioned above will drastically improve an overall perfomance of your SQL queries and will allow you to properly time manage your applications with the most efficient use of available resources.
What will you learn in this course:
- To learn how to read and use the query plan in SQL.
- To study different join algorithms and best conditions of it application.
- To master the optimal usage of indexing depending on the task
- To master superior features and functionality of SQL by using partitioning, hints, caching, e.t.c
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic SQL knowledge including the ability to write basic SQL queries, to use aggregate and analytical functions and to write your own functions.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 00:55 00:55
- Query Plan 03:22 03:22
- How to read the query plan 04:46 04:46
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now