Python GUI Programming With TKinter | Build 9 GUI Projects
Level up your python programming skill by building awesome ten python GUI applications from scratch using python tkinter
Tkinter is a Python binding to the Tk GUI toolkit. It is the standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit, and is Python's de facto standard GUI. Tkinter is included with standard Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X installs of Python.
As with most other modern Tk bindings, Tkinter is implemented as a Python wrapper around a complete Tcl interpreter embedded in the Python interpreter. Tkinter calls are translated into Tcl commands, which are fed to this embedded interpreter, thus making it possible to mix Python and Tcl in a single application.
There are several popular GUI library alternatives available, such as wxPython, PyQt, PySide, Pygame, Pyglet, and PyGTK.
The generic term for any of the building blocks that make up an application in a graphical user interface.
Core widgets: The containers: frame, labelframe, toplevel, paned window. The buttons: button, radiobutton, checkbutton (checkbox), and menubutton. The text widgets: label, message, text. The entry widgets: scale, scrollbar, listbox, slider, spinbox, entry (singleline), optionmenu, text (multiline), and canvas (vector and pixel graphics).
Tkinter provides three modules that allow pop-up dialogs to be displayed: tk.messagebox (confirmation, information, warning and error dialogs), tk.filedialog (single file, multiple file and directory selection dialogs) and tk.colorchooser (colour picker).
Python 2.7 and Python 3.1 incorporate the "themed Tk" ("ttk") functionality of Tk 8.5. This allows Tk widgets to be easily themed to look like the native desktop environment in which the application is running, thereby addressing a long-standing criticism of Tk (and hence of Tkinter). Some widgets are exclusive to ttk, such as the combobox, progressbar and treeview widgets
The graphical user interface is a form of user interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and audio indicator such as primary notation, instead of text-based user interfaces, typed command labels or text navigation. GUIs were introduced in reaction to the perceived steep learning curve of command-line interfaces (CLIs), which require commands to be typed on a computer keyboard.
The actions in a GUI are usually performed through direct manipulation of the graphical elements. Beyond computers, GUIs are used in many handheld mobile devices such as MP3 players, portable media players, gaming devices, smartphones and smaller household, office and industrial controls. Ref : wikipedia
What will you learn in this course:
- You will create an application to calculate Area of a Circle in Python GUI
- You will create an application to calculate Area of a Triangle in Python GUI
- You will create an application for currency converter software in this course
- You will create an application for complete electronic calculator in this course
- You will create an application for message box in this course
- You will create an application for a digit counter in this course
- You will create an application for color chooser in this course
- You will create a file dialog application in this course
- You will learn how to add buttons to your GUI application
- You will learn how to add functionality to a button
- You will learn how to create a text box
- You will learn how to create multiple GUIs in one program
- You will learn how to add Menu to window
- You will learn how to add menu items to Menus
- You will learn how to add functionality to menu item
- You will learn how to read a file content in python GUI
- You will learn about RadioButtons in GUI
- You will learn how to add functionality to RadioButton
- You will learn how to create RadioButtons using a list
- You will learn how to add indicatoron to RadioButton
- You will learn about Checkbox in Python GUI
- You will learn how to get the values of Checkboxes
- You will learn how to print out selected items from checkbox
- You will learn how to add checkbox to menu item
- You will learn how to add separator to menu bar
- You will learn how to create data entry blocks
- You will learn how to delete an entry in Data Entry block
- You will learn how to create a ComboBox
- You will learn how to Add functionality to ComboBox
- You will create application to open image and draw graphic design in python GUI
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You are expected to learn the basics of Python programming before taking this course
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Getting Started with GUI Development in Python Tkinter
- Your first Python GUI application 04:52 04:52
- How to choose GUI sizes and positions 06:03 06:03
- How to add labels to GUI window 05:04 05:04
- How to change label positions 09:18 09:18
- How to add button to your GUI application 05:58 05:58
- How to add function to a button 08:29 08:29
- How to create a text box 07:40 07:40
- How to create multiple GUIs in one program 10:15 10:15
Creating Menu And Menu Items In GUI
RadioButtons in Python GUI
Checkbox in Python GUI
Data Entry Boxes In Python GUI
Working with Combo Box in Python GUI
Learn by doing it yourself from scratch... Build real projects henceforth!
Emenwa Global instructors are industry experts with years of practical, real-world experience building software at industry leading companies. They are sharing everything they know to teach thousands of students around the world, just like you, the most in-demand technical and non-technical skills (which are commonly overlooked) in the most efficient way so that you can take control of your life and unlock endless exciting new career opportunities in the world of technology, no matter your background or experience.
Emenwa Global is a professional software development company that offers global services which include Computer programming, Website Development, Digital Marketing, SEO, Content Provision, Mobile Application Development, Networking and Cyber Security to wide range of individuals and companies all over the world. We help you to achieve your dream in the world of internet business and we always accompany our clients until they are fully satisfied. Our team of Engineers are 24/7 at your service.
Learn creative skills, from absolute beginner to advanced mastery.
Emenwa Global exists to help you succeed in life. Each course has been hand-tailored to teach a specific practical skill.
Whether you’re trying to learn a new skill from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learned in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
Education makes the world a better place. Make your world better with new practical skills from scratch...
One other important philosophy is that our courses are taught by real professionals, software developers with real and substantial experience in the industry, who are also great teachers. All our instructors are experienced, software developers.
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. Most are fully downloadable so you can take them with you. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
Whether you are a beginner, looking to learn how to program for the very first time, or to brush up on your existing skills, or to learn new languages and frameworks, the Academy has you covered. Welcome to Emenwa Global... Get our complete and practical courses today!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now