Python Docx from Beginner to Winner
Learn How to Generate Microsoft Word Files
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
Welcome to Python Docx from Beginner to Winner!
Here we will learn together how to use python-docx module to generate dynamically docx files! Docx files automation with Python will become to you as easy as pie!
In each session we will replicate a Microsoft docx previously created by hand.
Together we will explore python-docx API, we will look at its code, we will debug its code and we will improve its code!
It will be fun, bold and memorable!
Also we will take a look at its internal XML code, we will compare with the original one, we will understand how it works and we will change it in our favor!
After taking the first session you will be already able to:
- Insert paragraphs;
- Insert images;
- Insert tables;
- Format tables;
- Align paragraphs and images;
- Change paragraph font name and size;
- Use TTF fonts;
- Change paragraph color;
- Add/remove bold, italic and underline;
- Add different styles of underline: single, double line, wave, and more;
- Create your own paragraph styles;
- Look at its internal XML code, understand it and change it;
- Add pagination.
Quite a journey right?
Join with me to this challenge of exploring python-docx module, we have a lot to learn!
Become a winner and start automate your Microsoft Docx files now!
What will you learn in this course:
- Create docx files with Python
- Change the font color and size
- Change font name, use TTF fonts
- Insert images and paragraphs
- Align paragraphs and images
- Set/Unset bold, italic and underline
- Set different underline styles: single, dash, dot dot dash
- Insert tables
- Change the internal XML data
- Add page number
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Knowledge about Python;
- You need Python 3.8.x or later;
- Visual Studio Code (Recommended);
- Visual Studio Code "Python from Microsoft" and "Pylance from Microsoft" extensions;
- Visual Studio Code "XML Tools" extension;
- 7zip or similar;
- Eager to learn.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction + Requirements [Part 0 of 35] 09:01 09:01
- Hello World Python Docx [Part 1 of 35] 13:30 13:30
- Define Document Creation Skeleton [Part 2 of 35] 07:36 07:36
- Add Title Heading [Part 3 of 35] 05:44 05:44
- Title Font Name [Part 4 of 35] 10:17 10:17
- Title Font Size [Part 5 of 35] 17:59 17:59
- Title Remove Bold [Part 6 of 35] 12:09 12:09
- Title Font Color [Part 7 of 35] 09:23 09:23
- Title Align Center [Part 8 of 35] 06:38 06:38
- Page Size [Part 9 of 35] 11:12 11:12
- Page Margins [Part 10 of 35] 07:45 07:45
- Header and Footer Distance [Part 11 of 35] 07:08 07:08
- Paragraph Spacing - Before/After [Part 12 of 35] 05:51 05:51
In the past I worked for several companies as a software engineer, mainly working with C#. I was in telecommunications area were I used Java, also made ecommerce websites with C# and ASP.NET MVC, I was in transportation area where I worked with smart cards using C# and pure C, and more.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now