Production planning and control - PPC
An integral part of Industrial engineering and Manufacturing science
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Production planning and control refers to two strategies that work cohesively throughout the manufacturing process. Production planning involves what to produce, when to produce it, how much to produce, and more. A long-term view of production planning is necessary to fully optimize the production flow.
Production control uses different control techniques to reach optimum performance from the production system to achieve throughput targets.
In this course you will learn the basic concepts of Production, Manufacturing processes, selection of apt system for optimizing inventory, Product management to advanced planning and control techniques as such lot sizing, EOQ method, Order size calculation, Break-even analysis, Assembly line balancing and many more.
Most suitable for students belonging to mechanical engineering, management, Industrial engineering, Production technology and Manufacturing science. Furthermore, this course covers all the topics for university students having PPC as one of the subject or an part of Industrial engineering and for ambitious Production managers employed in various industries.
What will you learn in this course:
- The knowledge that is required for any GET (Graduate Engineer Trainee) prior to joining an enterprise
- Production planning and control techniques of various industries
- MRP (Material Requirement Planning), Its classes, methodology,implementation, and utility
- Forecasting - Qualitative as well quantitative
- Vital techniques as such EOQ, Break-even analysis, Lot sizing, Order size calculation etc
- Japanese techniques as such Kanban, Mizosomashi etc
- Management skills to survive plant politics
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A keen and curious mind. Thats all :)
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Scope of the course 02:50 02:50
- Meaning of production 04:22 04:22
- A production system 03:54 03:54
- Types of production system 08:48 08:48
- Types of manufacturing processes 02:56 02:56
- Selection of a manufacturing process 02:39 02:39
- PPC meaning 02:23 02:23
Material Requirement Planning - MRP
J Aatish RaoMechanical engineering professional
A dynamic team spirited mechanical engineering professional having 8+ years of industrial exposure. "Conducting workshops & engaging in teaching activities is the key ingredients of life".
Certified to provide training on various software,science & engineering related topics.
AutoDesk Certified Professional,AutoDesk Fusion Certified user, ClearFit Certified Team Leader, Industrial Consultant and a keen enthusiast of stargazing.
E-learning is such a supplement which can nourish you without being physically present :)
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now