Practical Time Management: Do more, Get more, Live more
You can't make more time. But you can make better use of the time you have. Use your time well and get more out of life.
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2.5 hours
Nobody has enough time in the busy-busy, 24-hour, non-stop world of Twitter, smartphones, and latte in a cardboard cup.
Yet you want to do more, you want to achieve better things, you want to get more out of the time you have: you wish there were more hours in the day.
Practical Time Management cannot give you more time, but it sure can show you how to use the time you have to the greatest effect!
- It shows you how to make the most of your time by avoiding the time-wasting and morale sapping habits that rob you of your most valuable asset... time.
- You will learn how to prioritise your time effectively, and how to use a powerful four-step process that gets things done.
- It will arm you with a host of tools and techniques from the established expert on getting things done – the author of the best-selling Brilliant Time Management.
- Whatever you do in life, whatever you hope to achieve, Brilliant Time Management will help you get it done - with time to spare.
- You will learn how to set yourself up to succeed, manage the stresses of a busy diary and find that productive space to think clearly and do quality work.
- It will show you how to make focused use of your day and how to deal with the interruptions that rob you of productive time.
- It will give you the low-down on time management, explaining clearly the essential roles of goal setting, scheduling, delegation and personal motivation.
- You will learn about the multi-tasking fallacy and how the Elephant and the Octopus have different solutions to awesome productivity.
Practical Time Management is not about fancy systems and sophisticated technology: it is about the reality of how to be productive in a busy life.
How much you get done really depends on you. Practical Time Management highlights the unhelpful habits you have got into and how they waste the most precious commodity you have.
If you want to make the most of your time, then this could well be the most valuable three hours ever.
Practical Time Management: if you want to
DO MORE, GET MORE, LIVE MORE.
It is based on Mike's best selling three-hour live seminar and contains nearly two and a half hours of video, and a wealth of templates for you to download and adapt to your work.
Practical Time Management – if you haven't got enough hours in a day!
Based on a lifetime of getting things done and hitting deadlines, Dr Mike Clayton combines psychological principles with powerful practical solutions to show you how you can:
• Spot what's important, and focus on it to really make a difference
• Enjoy productive time and take the chore out of work
• Programme your mind for productivity
• Make multi-tasking work for you
• Schedule your activities to get more done and leave time for yourself
• Say NO to things that just get in the way
You will learn how you can...
• Balance the extremes of your personality to find productivity, success, and happiness in the middle
• Apply Mike Clayton's powerful OATS principle to gain control of your working day
• Schedule activities into your day for maximum productivity and minimum work left over at the end of the day
• Set goals so that you really do achieve them
• Distinguish between what is important in your life, and what is merely urgent
• Tame your to do list and convert it into your formula for productive delivery
• Handle your backlog of work calmly and effortlessly
• Avoid the multi-tasking trap, to get more gone, more quickly and with fewer mistakes
• Handle interruptions by applying the five strategies to keep control of your day
• Distinguish between overwhelm and overload, and apply successful strategies to each
• Overcome the stress of feeling overwhelmed, by seizing control using Mike's awesome seven-step procedure
• Avoid those fatal four words: “leave it with me"
• Create real extra time in your day by delegating effectively
• Become a master of time estimation
• Schedule your time to produce better work and get more done
• Say "NO" with confidence, to keep in control of your time and, ultimately, to increase the respect people have for you
… and, finally, you will learn why your attitude to time affects everything
Dr Mike Clayton
Mike is on of the UK's leading personal effectiveness and project management trainers. He has over 20 years' experience of training professionals, managers, and team-members throughout the UK and in Europe and the US. He is the author of thirteen top-selling business, management, and personal effectiveness books, including four on time management topics:
- Brilliant Time Management (in its second edition as: How to Manage your Time). (Pearson, 2011 and 2015)
- Powerhouse: Turbo-boost your Effectiveness and Start Making a Serious Impact (Capstone/Wiley, 2015)
- The Yes/No Book: How to do less... and achieve more (Pearson, 2012)
- Brilliant Stress Management (in its second edition as: How to Manage Stress). (Pearson, 2011 and 2015)
Your Unconditional, No-questions, 30-Day Guarantee
Enroll for this course now, so you can start to regain control of your life straight away.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for you if you want to get do more, get more, and live more.
- If you are busy and you want to get even more done...
- If you are overwhelmed, and you want to feel more in control...
- If you can't help yourself from saying 'yes' to things you ought to say 'no' to...
- If things always take longer than you expected...
- If you don't know how to plan your time in a way that works for you...
- If you just don't have enough time.
- If this sounds like you, then just step on in...
What will you learn in this course:
- Apply Mike Clayton's powerful OATS principle to gain control of your working day
- Balance the extremes of your personality to find productivity, success, and happiness in the middle
- Schedule activities into your day for maximum productivity and minimum work left over at the end of the day
- Set goals so that you really do achieve them
- Distinguish between what is important in your life, and what is merely urgent
- Tame your to do list and convert it into your formula for productive delivery
- Handle your backlog of work calmly and effortlessly
- Avoid the multi-tasking trap, to get more gone, more quickly and with fewer mistakes
- Handle interruptions by applying the five strategies to keep control of your day
- Distinguish between overwhelm and overload, and apply successful strategies to each
- Overcome the stress of feeling overwhelmed, by seizing control using Mike's awesome seven-step procedure
- Avoid those fatal four words: “leave it with me"
- Create real extra time in your day by delegating effectively
- Become a master of time estimation
- Schedule your time to produce better work and get more done
- Say "NO" with confidence, to keep in control of your time and, ultimately, to increase the respect people have for you
- … and, finally, you will learn why your attitude to time affects everything
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You don't need anything to take this course; just step on in...
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Start Here and Learn the Basics
- Trailer: Why You Need this Course 03:18 03:18
- Five Attitudes to Time... and the secret to fulfilment 08:33 08:33
- How to Make Dull Activities Interesting 09:19 09:19
- Why You Cannot Manage Time 04:39 04:39
- The OATS Principle 10:27 10:27
Outcomes: Setting Great Goals and Knowing What is Important
Activities: Being Able to Get Things Done
Time Management Solutions to Common Challenges
Timing and Scheduling: How to Structure Your Day for Productivity
Conclusions: What to Do when All Else Fails
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now