PIC Microcontrollers Timer and Watchdog Timer
Move to the next level in PIC Microcontroller Programming using Register Manipulation to control Time in your Projects
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Welcome to this course.
In this course, You will learn what are Timers and what is the difference between Timer 0, 1, and 2 and which one to use in your application. We often use the famous delay function when we need to add a delay in our application, but do you really know what the calling the delay function do to your app in the background?
Most experienced programmers avoid using the delay function for many reasons that we will discuss in this course, we will also explain in a step by step manner how to read PIC Microcontroller registers datasheet to get the Timer information that we want.
You will learn how to replace the delay function with the Timer register delay.
Most likely you did hear about Watchdog timer, but did you try to implement in your PIC Microcontroller project? Do you even know why it might be a life-saving practice to add a watchdog timer to your real-time sensitive applications?
After taking this course, I can assure you that you will treat everything related to Timers and Delays in PIC Microcontroller in a totally different way.
What you'll learn
What are Timers
What is Timer0
What is the difference between Timer0, Timer1, and Timer2
How to Interrupt the PIC when the timer overflows
How to deal with timer register
How to implement Delay using Timers instead of Delay Function
Why you shouldn't use the Delay Function and how it affects your PIC Microcontroller based project
What is a Watchdog Timer
How watchdog Timer can help save your life! and why it's used in very critical real-time projects?
How to deal with Watchdog Timer
Why Timers are an essential Peripheral
Practical Application Examples
Who this course is for:
- PIC Microcontroller Geeks
- Electronics Geeks
- Anyone Interested in Learning New Things about PIC Microcontroller
- Anyone Interested in Learning PIC Microcontroller Timer Registers and how to use them
What will you learn in this course:
- What are Timers
- What is Timer0
- What is the difference between Timer0, Timer1 and Timer2
- How to Interrupt the PIC when the timer overflows
- How to deal with timer register
- How to implement Delay using Timers instead of Delay Function
- Why you shouldn't use the Delay Function and how it affects your PIC Microcontroller based project
- What is a Watchdog Timer
- How watchdog Timer can help save your life! and why it's used in very critical real-time projects?
- How to deal with Watchdog Timer
- Why Timers are an essential Peripheral
- Practical Application Examples
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic experience in Electronics
- Basic experience in PIC Microcontroller
- A Will to apply, not just watch
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:51 01:51
- Who We Are? 05:26 05:26
- Course Resources
Timer0 Practical Example
PIC18F Watchdog Timer
Watchdog Timer Practical Example
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now