How to measure, manage and improve organisational performance
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Performance measurement is the act of monitoring progress towards specified objectives. It has two main purposes:
1. To monitor progress towards goals
2. To guide improvement activity where performance is not meeting the goals
Performance measures are like the mileposts on the path towards our goals. They tell us how far we have come; how far we still have to go; and whether, indeed, we are going in the right direction.
But performance measurement is not easy. Choosing inappropriate measures can result in unintended consequences, with detrimental outcomes. At the same time, the outputs of many processes are intangible and difficult to measure.
The only solution is to take a structured approach to the design of performance measures that involves stakeholders, customers and users to clearly define agreed outcomes, and then measure performance against those outcomes.
This course provides a structure that you can use to develop a framework of performance measures throughout your organisation. The course also covers how to analyse and present performance data in order to reveal valuable information about the behaviour of the organisation’s processes and activities. And the course covers ways of engaging employees with the measures and working towards business improvement.
Who this course is for:
- Finance and accounting trainees
- CFOs and Finance Directors
What will you learn in this course:
- Why we Measure Performance
- The Benefits of Performance Measurement
- The Dangers of Targets
- The Three levels of Performance Measurement
- How to use the Performance Measurement Linkage Chart
- What makes a Good Measure
- A Starter Set of Performance Measures
- The Voice of the Process versus the Voice of the Customer
- The Nature of Variation
- Displaying Performance Data
- The Shewhart Individuals Control Chart
- Strategies for Dealing with Variation
- The Relationship between Process Behaviour and Cost
- Engaging your People in Performance Measurement
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no pre-course requirements
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Agenda for the Course 01:36 01:36
- Why do we Measure Performance? 11:10 11:10
- Linking Performance Measures through the Organisation 08:49 08:49
- Example Performance Measurement Linkage Chart 05:47 05:47
- What makes a good Measure? 06:54 06:54
- Interpreting Performance Data 11:32 11:32
- Performance Data Example 09:30 09:30
- Strategies to Deal with Variation 03:45 03:45
- Embedding KPIs in an Organisation 04:44 04:44
- Final Thoughts on Performance Measurement 03:10 03:10
Performance Measurement Exercise
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now