Overview of Networking Concepts - for Beginners
Gain a solid understanding on foundation of Networking Fundamentals
Updated on Aug, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
Overview of Basic Networking Concepts - for Beginners:
This course is designed for those who are looking to get an introduction to the world of networking and gain a better understanding of its basic concepts. The course consists of four sections, each of which is focused on a different aspect of networking.
Section One: Introduction
In this section, you will be introduced to the world of networking, including addressing concepts, the difference between public and private IP addresses, and the types of area networks, networking devices, and network interconnection.
Section Two: Internet Protocols
This section covers the Internet protocols, starting with the Internet Foundation protocols, such as TCP/IP/UDP, and then moving on to the Internet Application protocols, including FTP, Telnet, NNTP, SMTP, and SNMP. This section will also cover Internet Security protocols, including SSL and TLS, HTTPS and HSTS, IPSec, VPN, SFTP, SSH, DNSSEC, 802.1X Authentication, AES, IMAPs, and SMTPS.
Section Three: Protocol Layers
In this section, you will learn about the two main protocol layers: the OSI Model and the TCP/IP Model. This section will provide you with an understanding of how data is transmitted and processed over the network.
Section Four: Network Architecture & Security Controls
In this final section, you will learn about enterprise network architecture, including hardware failure, and the different types of wireless networks and security controls that can be used to mitigate risk. This section will also cover commands used in assessing network layout and security, as well as a few relevant concepts.
Overall, this course provides a comprehensive overview of basic networking concepts and is ideal for those looking to gain a solid foundation in the field. Whether you're just starting out or looking to expand your knowledge, this course will provide you with the information you need to succeed.
What will you learn in this course:
Overall Course Goals:
- Develop a foundational understanding of basic networking concepts.
- Recognize the significance of addressing and IP classifications.
- Differentiate between various types of area networks and their use cases.
- Identify common networking devices and their respective roles.
- Grasp the fundamentals of network interconnection and its importance.
- Gain familiarity with essential Internet protocols, including TCP/IP and UDP.
- Understand application-level protocols for communication and data exchange.
- Comprehend the role of security protocols and encryption standards.
- Differentiate between the OSI Model and TCP/IP Model and understand their relevance.
- Acquire knowledge about enterprise network architecture and potential failures.
- Explore wireless network types and their implementation considerations.
- Learn about security controls and measures to safeguard network infrastructure.
- Develop the ability to assess network layout and security using relevant commands and concepts.
By completing this course, you be well-equipped with the fundamental knowledge needed to navigate the world of networking effectively and confidently.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
* No prior knowledge required
* Interest to learn more about Networking concepts
* Patience & ability to pay attention to the concepts
* Willingness to learn
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to Networking Concepts
- Course Introduction 01:04 01:04
- Addressing Concepts 08:03 08:03
- Public IP address VS Private IP address 04:17 04:17
- Types of Area Networks, Networking Devices and Network Interconnection 11:29 11:29
Network Architecture & Security Controls
Revanth Vemireddy (Ray)
Revanth (Ray) is pursuing an internationally accredited EFMD MBA - Business Analytics program at Woxsen University.
He is working towards skill building, to better equip himself to deal with the corporate world. As he learns relevant IT topics, he plans on producing educational content and share it with you all for learning purposes.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now