Operations Management 2 - Processes Mapping & Supply Chain
Learn the Principles of Operations Management
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Are you interested in a career within in the world of operations management?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Process Mapping & Supply Chain here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of operations management viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of Process Mapping and Supply Chain:
Process Management, Process Mapping and Design – Introduction to Process Management, Procedures, Process Mapping and Design, Where Can Process Mapping be Used?, and the Types of Processes.
Procedural Outline and Quality, Communication Management & Process Re-Engineering – Procedural Outline and Quality and Standard Operating Procedures, Communication and Information Management, The Cascade, The "Suck-Up" Model of Communication, and Process Re-Engineering.
Quality and Productivity Management – Quality and Productivity Management, Cost of Quality, Origins of TQM, The Plan-Do-Study-Act Cycle, Benchmarking, Employee Empowerment and Team Approach, Use of Quality Tools, Product Design, ISO International Standards, and Six Sigma.
Supply Chain Management – Learn Introduction to Supply Chain Management, Challenge to Supply Chain Management - Bullwhip Effect, Lean Operations Systems, Lean for Production and Services, Services and Delivery in Supply Chain, Supplier Performance Matrix, and Demand &Volume Projections.
Supply Chain Management, Continuous Improvement & Technology – Learn Inventory and Cycle Optimization - Just in Time (JIT) vs. Just in Case, Top Five Techniques to Achieve Inventory Optimization, The Philosophy of JIT, Kanban Production, JIT and Lean Systems within OM, Supply Chain Networks, Continuous Improvement, Getting Started With Kaizen, Technology in Process and Supply Chain Management.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the management knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future operations management direction through applying modern Process Mapping and Supply Chain thought.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
What will you learn in this course:
- In this course you will learn to undertake independent research to understand the theoretical and practical knowledge of operations management to solve current business challenges.
- In this course you will learn to understand and analyse the key concepts of process management.
- This course will equip you with the tools to apply critical thinking to supply chain management, quality and productivity management.
- In this course you will learn to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of communication and information flow in the business to improve current business practice.
- In this course you will learn how to critically evaluate and synthesize information from a wide range of sources to determine research skills, show initiative in consulting the academic literature and demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes in p
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- A computer installed with Windows/Linux /OS X
- Stable Internet Connection
- PDF Reading Software, such as Free Adobe Reader
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Section 1: Process Management, Process Mapping and Design
- Lecture 1.1: Introduction to Process Management 03:23 03:23
- Lecture 1.2: Processes 02:27 02:27
- Lecture 1.3: Procedures 03:45 03:45
- Lecture 1.4: Process Mapping and Design 05:02 05:02
- Lecture 1.5: Where Can Process Mapping Be Used? 06:11 06:11
- Lecture 1.6: Types of Processes 02:48 02:48
Section 2: Procedural Outline and Quality, Communication Management & Process Re-Engineering
Section 3: Quality and Productivity Management
Section 4: Supply Chain Management
Section 5: Supply Chain Management Continuous Improvement & Technology
Sentinel | 9Business Education
Sentinel | 9 is now offering educational courses and specialised modules from its industry-leading university-level Business program. This package is usually provided via Higher Education partners, where it comes with a Degree upon completion. However, for individuals seeking valuable education and knowledge without the hassle of enrolling in university, Sentinel | 9 has redeveloped its resources into easily accessible learning content.
These resources are a perfect fit for individuals who want to sharpen their business skills, learn about new practices in business or wish to educate themselves in something new. The Sentinel | 9 material is developed with consultation from industry experts, professorial, doctoral, and postdoctoral in-house academics to ensure learning is of the highest quality.
Through this offering, users will now have access to high-quality, practical, on-demand resources across all aspects of business, including business strategy, business law, finance, marketing strategy, economics, organisation behaviour, leadership, human resources, accounting and more.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now