Olympic Games Analytics Project in Apache Spark for Beginner
Olympic Games Analytics Project in Apache Spark for beginner using Databricks (Unofficial)
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this course, you will learn to Analyze data (Olympic Game) in Apache Spark using Databricks Notebook (Community edition),
1) Basics flow of data in Apache Spark, loading data, and working with data, this course shows you how Apache Spark is perfect for Big Data Analysis job.
2) Learn basics of Databricks notebook by enrolling into Free Community Edition Server
3) Olympic Games Analytics a real world examples.
4) Graphical Representation of Data using Databricks notebook.
5) Hands-on learning
6) Real-time Use Case
7) Publish the Project on Web to Impress your recruiter
Databricks lets you start writing Spark queries instantly so you can focus on your data problems.
Let's discover more about the Olympic Games using Apache Spark
Data exploration about the recent history of the Olympic Games
We will explore a dataset on the modern Olympic Games, including all the Games from Athens 1896 to Rio 2016.
What will you learn in this course:
- In this course you will learn to Analyze data (Olympic Game) in Apache Spark using Databricks Notebook (Community edition)
- Data exploration about the recent history of the Olympic Games using Apache Spark
- Basics flow of data in Apache Spark, loading data, and working with data, this course shows you how Apache Spark is perfect for Big Data Analysis job.
- Learn basics of Databricks notebook by enrolling into Free Community Edition Server
- Olympic Games Analytics a real world examples.
- Graphical Representation of Data using Databricks notebook.
- Transform structured data using SparkSQL and DataFrames
- Publish the Project on Web to Impress your recruiter
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Apache Spark basic fundamental knowledge is required and SQL Basics
- Following browsers on Windows and macOS desktop:
- Google Chrome (Latest version), Firefox (Latest version), Safari (Latest version), Microsoft Edge* (Latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11* on Windows 7, 8, or 10 (with latest Windows updates applied)
- *You might see performance degradation for some features on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- The following browsers are not supported:
- Mobile browsers.
- Beta, “preview,” or otherwise pre-release versions of desktop browsers.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Apache Spark Project
- Introduction 02:54 02:54
- Download Resources
- File level details 00:39 00:39
- (Old) Free Account creation in Databricks 01:51 01:51
- (New) Free Account Creation in Databricks 01:50 01:50
- Importing Databricks Notebook 01:54 01:54
- Overview and Project Objective 01:54 01:54
- File Content Explaination 01:50 01:50
- Launch Spark Cluster 02:14 02:14
- Spark Notebook Basics 05:18 05:18
- Loading data into Spark Dataframe 15:50 15:50
- Distribution of the age of gold medalists 04:04 04:04
- Gold Medals for Athletes Over 50 based on Sports 02:09 02:09
- Women medals per edition(Summer Season) of the Games 02:19 02:19
- Top 5 Gold Medal Countries 02:46 02:46
- Disciplines with the greatest number of Gold Medals 01:40 01:40
- Height vs Weight of Olympic Medalists 01:52 01:52
- Variation of Male/Female Athletes over time 01:59 01:59
- Variation of (Age/Weight/Height) for Male/Female Athletes over time 03:09 03:09
- Weight over year for Male/Female Gymnasts 02:18 02:18
- Weight/Height over years for Male/Female Lifters 01:39 01:39
- Gold/Silver/Bronze Medals based on Countries 04:56 04:56
- Publish Notebook to the Web 01:26 01:26
- Thank you 00:20 00:20
I am Solution Architect with 12+ year’s of experience in Banking, Telecommunication and Financial Services industry across a diverse range of roles in Credit Card, Payments, Data Warehouse and Data Center programmes
My role as Bigdata and Cloud Architect to work as part of Bigdata team to provide Software Solution.
- Support all Hadoop related issues
- Benchmark existing systems, Analyse existing system challenges/bottlenecks and Propose right solutions to eliminate them based on various Big Data technologies
- Analyse and Define pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Define use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Define Big Data strategy
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments
- Define pragmatic Big Data solution based on customer requirements analysis
- Define pragmatic Big Data Cluster recommendations
- Educate customers on various Big Data technologies to help them understand pros and cons of Big Data
- Data Governance
- Build Tools to improve developer productivity and implement standard practices
I am sure the knowledge in these courses can give you extra power to win in life.
All the best!!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now