Next.js for Beginners: Learn the fundamentals of Next.js
Learn the fundamentals of Next.js in less than 60 minutes
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Learn Next.js framework the easy way. This course will stick to the fundamentals, and guide you through the creation of your first Next.js app.
When many newbies hear about Next.js and SSR - SSG - ISR - Code splitting ... they think It is quite complicated, while It is the complete opposite. Next.js provides dozens of features that make our coding experience way easier and faster, It is a framework for React that is even easier than React itself.
In this course, We will stick to the basics and simplify the features of Next.js.
Some of the topics covered include:
- What is Nex.js and why using It anyway while there is React.js?
- Creating pages
- 404 Page & Redirecting
- Components in Next.js
- Link Component
- CSS / Styling
- Image Component
- Head Component
- Data Fetching - getStaticProps() / getStaticPaths()
- ISR - Incremental Static Regenration
In addition to the above I’ve also included two bonus videos on React rendering, and updates. If you have ever wanted to learn a bit about how React works under the hood these are for you.
- React.js is benefical.
What will you learn in this course:
- Learning the fundamentals of Next.js
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
The fundamentals of Next.js
- What is Nextjs 04:14 04:14
- Setting up the work environment 01:28 01:28
- Creating Next.js application 04:51 04:51
- Creating a Page / Route 03:57 03:57
- Creating 404 page and handle redirection 04:11 04:11
- Creating Links 02:04 02:04
- Components 01:49 01:49
- Wrapping the app / Layout 03:59 03:59
- Styling 06:30 06:30
- Images 03:50 03:50
- The Head Component 01:59 01:59
- Data Fetching - getStaticProps( ) 02:45 02:45
- Data Fetching - getStaticPaths( ) 06:40 06:40
- Deployment 04:23 04:23
- Incremental Static Regenration 02:51 02:51
- Congratulations 00:45 00:45
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now