very good, useful information
NEBOSH- IGC, Element-6, Hazards Control system & Safety Procedures
Hazards Control System and Safety Procedures
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Risk Prevention- Protective measures- collective and individual protection, Different types of Safety signs- Prohibition signs- Safe condition signs- Fire Safety Signs- Warning Signs- Mandatory signs.
Hazards Control and Elimination, control of hazards- changing work methods, A Safety Project Design, Isolation, engineering control, Different types of Ventilation System, what is Permit to Work system, PPE, Hazards Evaluation, Detailed Planning, Instructions to the concerned persons, issuing the permit,
How to issue the permit, precautions to be taken before entering the work permit area, verification and cancellation of the permit, important elements and points to be included in the permit application form, Application format of the permit application, time extension, and shift handover procedures, acceptance of the permit, permit handover and cancellation, types of permits, operation of the electric system, maintenance of machinery and equipment, lockout and tag-out procedures, confined spaces, safe work system, duties of the employer, the role of competent person, involvement of employees, written procedures, Hoe to develop a safe system of work? Identifying the hazards,
Application of control and formulating procedures, permit to work system, confined spaces, lone working, system monitoring and review, emergency procedures and how to develop the procedures, first aid requirements, role and training of first aiders, the function of the first aider, emergency and rescue services, emergency in shift work, revision questions.
What will you learn in this course:
- The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health - INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE.
- This is a Globally Recognised Health, Safety & Environmental Qualifications. It is Recognised, Relevant, and Respected qualifications.
- Over 50,000 people take a NEBOSH qualification every year. Our health, safety and environmental qualifications are globally recognized and adopted by the people working in all types of industries, as well as national and local government organizations.
- This is the most valuable job-oriented course. If you pass this course you will have Great opportunities as a SAFETY OFFICE OR SAFETY ENGINEER in Gulf Countries, the Middle East, and in many other countries even in Canada and America. So this is the best opportunity for you to go ahead and enhance your career in Health Safety and Environment sector. This is a Good time for you after COVID-19 to grab the opportunities in the Gulf. Because now a lot of opportunities are waiting due to COVID-19.
- This course consists of 13 Elements. You can easily finish each Element one by one. You will have revision questions, quizzes and Mock Tests, after finishing each element. I will assure you that you can easily pass this Course if you follow our systematic way of teaching.
- This course is prepared by a highly experienced senior professor, a Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering and postgraduate (MS) in HSE and a Qualified OSHA-501 Trainer from the Ministry of Labor, USA.
- This course is explained well in simple English with Audio, Videos, Texts and diagrams so that the learner can understand well without any difficulty.
- This course is supported by the Instructor. The learner can clear his doubts with the instructor at any time.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No Prerequisites. But Degree or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering is desirable. Science Graduates are also eligible.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Element-6, Hazards Control system & Safety Procedures
- Element - 6, Part - I . Hazards Control System and Safety Procedures 29:13 29:13
Element-6, Part -2, Hazards Control system & Safety Procedures
Element-6, Part- 3, Hazards Control system & Safety Procedures
Element-6, Part- 4, Hazards Control system & Safety Procedures
Introduction to NEBOSH - IGC, QUALIFICATIONS
Dr Faizuddin SyedSenior Certified Welding Inspector and Educator - AWS. OSHA-501, Authorized Trainer,USA. Professor in Mechanical and Safety Engineering
· 11 Years as Supervisor / Engineer at India in Heavy Fabrications, Welding, erections, and Shutdown maintenance in Oil and Refineries.
· 3 years of experience as Training Manager at Indonesia
· 7 years of experience as Training Superintendent at India in the private Industrial Training Institute.
· 6 years experience as Department Head for Welding and Mechanical Instructor in a Vocational Training Institute at Oman.
· 9 Months of experience as a Welding Instructor in a vocational Training Institute in Oman.
· 6 years worked as Competency and Training & Development Specialist/Coordinator at Dubai for HSE and Technical Training Development, and Competency Assurance for the Eastern Hemisphere (Dubai, Baku, Batam) of J Ray McDermott Middle East,. Coordination with training and Development staff in different locations of the Hemisphere for the implementation of Training, Development, and Competency Assurance strategies and procedures, for Company employees, Clients, and Contractors. McDermott Training Department is a Registered Centre with EAL (Engineering and Marine Training Authority Awards Ltd,. UK.) for NVQ and Competency Awards. The complete Competency Assessments system and methodology were introduced by me in 2002.
· Approved Senior Mechanical Inspection Engineer for Petroleum Development Oman.
· Worked with Petroleum Development Oman (various desert sites) for 3 years as Company representative for Quality Audits, QA/QC Inspections of Mechanical equipment and Machinery, welding, fabrication, erection of Oil storage tanks, underground and above-ground pipelines, Erection, repair and maintenance of Beam pumps and related pipelines. Construction and commissioning of Gathering Stations and Site HSE Training and compliance and Competency Assurance. On Job Training for the Arab candidates.
· For the last 10 years working as Professor in Mechanical Engineering in an Engineering College (JNT University, Anantapur, AP) and NEBOSH trainer for B Tech candidates
· For the last 8 years worked as Visiting Professor for Oilwell Drilling Technology and Oil well production Technology, Oil and Gas series Electrical Safety and Electrical Hazardous Area Equipment subjects at Meridian School of Oil and Gas, Chennai.
· Working as Chief Advisor for International Journal for Multidisciplinary Scientific Research. www.ijamsr.com
Working as Committee Member / Expert Reviewer for
Academic Exchange Information Centre (AEIC), CHINA.
· Working as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for M/S. Merittrac (P) Ltd., Bangalore, India.
Working as Consultant & Quality Inspector (OIL & GAS STREAM), City and Guilds, London (UK), for IVQ 8510, Advanced Diploma in Oil and Gas and HSE, for Manipal-City & Guilds Skills Training Private Limited,( A Venture of Manipal University)
· Worked as External Verifier and Quality Inspector for City and Guilds London, UK, exams in IVQ Construction Industry (Advanced Diploma level) for the Middle East.
· Working as Assessor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Skills India Private Ltd., New Delhi.
· Working as Technical Consultant for TAAL Tech India Private Limited, Bangalore.
· Working as an approved Online Trainer and Councilor by b-best.EU Belgium, for IELTS / TOEFL
· Conducted Train the trainer program at Dubai, Indonesia, Azerbaijan and Singapore
Technical and Teaching Qualifications:
1. Diploma In Mechanical Engineering
State Board of Technical Education, Hyderabad, INDIA
2. Associate Examination of the Institute of Structural Engineers, Calcutta. (INDIA)
Institute of Structural Engineers. (INDIA)
3. 4-year Graduate Program in Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Capitol University, USA.(Dubai Centre, Knowledge village)
4. 2 year Post Graduate Program in Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Capitol University, USA. .(Dubai Centre, Knowledge village)
5. 2 years Post Graduate Program in Master of Science in Occupational Health and Safety
Concordia University. .(Dubai Centre, Knowledge village)
6. MBA in Human Resources Awarded by ABET International Open University, California, USA. (Dubai Centre, Knowledge village)
7. PhD in Mechanical Engineering
Capitol University, USA. .(Dubai Centre, Knowledge village)
8. Certified (TEFL) Teaching English as a Foreign Language Teacher
London Teacher Training College. UK
9. Certified (TESL) Teaching English as a Second Language Teacher
10. Certified On-Line Tutor. Level-3, awarded by City and Guilds, UK,
City and Guilds, UK
11. NVQ Trainer & Assessor Award D32/33
Royal Society Of Arts, UK.
12. NVQ Internal Verifier Award D34
Engineering and Marine Training authority Ltd., . the UK
13. NVQ Level-4, Learning and Development Coordinator
Engineering and Marine Training Authority Ltd., , UK
14. Senior Certified Welding Inspector
American Welding Society.
15. Certified Welding Educator
American Welding Society
16. OSHA-501, Authorized Safety Trainer For General Industry
OSHA, US Department of Labour
17. Level – 2, NDT Inspector- RT-MT-PT, of American Society
American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT)
18. QMS - ISO 9001-2000 Lead Auditor
BSI Management Systems Training, UK.
19. Six Sigma Green Belt by BSI Management Systems Training, UK
BSI Management Systems Training, UK
EXPERIENCE DETAILS: Above 40 Years
Present from 28/8/2011
DBS Institute of Technology, KAVALI, Nellore, AP, India.
Approved by All India Council of Technical Education, Delhi.. JNT University, Anantapur, AP
As Professor in Mechanical Engineering
1. Meridian School of Oil and Gas, Chennai.
2. Annes Academy, Kanyakumari.
Visiting Professor for Oil Well Production
Technology and Oilwell Drilling Technology
From Dec 2010 To Feb2011
Saudi Petroleum Services Polytechnic, Dammam. SA
Mechanical Instructor/Assessor/ Internal Verifier
23/12/08 To 30/7/2011
Petroleum Development of Oman (3rd Party Inspections Velosi LLC contract)
Company Representative / Senior Mechanical Inspection Engineer (Interior Sites)
7/10/02 To 20/11/08
J Ray McDermott Middle East Inc., Dubai
HR-Training Department, Senior Professional Grade-B
Jun 2001 To Apr 2002
National Training Institute, Oman
Mechanical/Welding Instructor /Assessor / Verifier.
Sept,1995To Jul 2000
Technical Training Institute, Oman
Dept., Head/ Trainer Mechanical/Welding / Assessor / Verifier / Instructor/
Dec 1988 To June 1995
Oxford India Institute of Technology, Madras, India.
Trades Superintendent (Craftsmen training)
Oct,1985 To Nov,1988
PT Textima Group of Industries, Indonesia
Manager (Training & QC)
Mar 1978 To Apr 1984
Prestige Group of Industries, Indore, India
Manager (QA/ QC)
Apr 1974 To Feb 1978
Coromandel Steels Ltd, Madras, India
Jun1967 To Feb 1974
Associate Chemical and Mechanical Engineers, Madras, India
Madras Atomic Power Project, Kalpakkam.
This is for your kind Information I have many students enrolled in my courses from 32 countries all over the world.
The following are the enrolled students from the following Countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
My dear students,
I am a Senior Professor in Mechanical Engineering with a P hD at an Engineering College. I am a Certified Senior Welding Inspector and Educator from the American Welding Society and Certified OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) Trainer from the Ministry of Labour, USA. I am Teaching for both NEBOSH and CWI -AWS. I have more than 40 years of experience in Academic Education, Training and Development and in Oil and Gas Industries
NEBOSH (UK) and Certified Welding Inspector Qualifications are the most valuable Certifications in the Industries and you have employment opportunities all over the world with highly attractive salaries. Utilise these opportunities and grab the NEBOSH (UK) and CWI - American Welding Society Certifications.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now