MPLS L2VPN - Any Transport over MPLS (AToM) by Arash Deljoo
AToM , EoMPLS Concepts,Configuration and Verification ( will update )
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -3.5 hours
Any Transport over MPLS (AToM) accommodates different types of Layer 2 packets, including Ethernet and VLAN, to enable the service provider to transport different types of traffic over the backbone and accommodate all types of customers.
AToM adheres to the standards developed for transporting Layer 2 packets over MPLS. Other Layer 2 solutions are proprietary, which can limit the service provider’s ability to expand the network and can force the service provider to use only one vendor’s equipment.
Upgrading to AToM is transparent to the customer. Because the service provider network is separate from the customer network, the service provider can upgrade to AToM without disruption of service to the customer.
The successful transmission of the Layer 2 frames between PE devices is due to the configuration of the PE devices. You can set up the connection, called a pseudo wire, between the routers and specify the following information on each PE device:
- The type of Layer 2 data to be transported across the pseudowire, such as Ethernet or VLAN.
- The IP address of the loopback interface of the peer PE device, which enables PE devices to communicate.
- A unique combination of peer PE IP address and virtual circuit (VC) ID that identifies the pseudo wire.
AToM encapsulates Layer 2 frames at the ingress provider edge (PE) and sends them to a corresponding PE at the other end of a pseudo wire. The egress PE removes the encapsulation and sends out the Layer 2 frame.
What will you learn in this course:
- What will students learn in your course?
- Understanding the Need for Any Transport over MPLS (AToM)
- Any Transport over MPLS (AToM) Concepts , Configuration , Verification
- Ethernet over MPLS (EoMPLS) Concepts , Configuration , Verification
- Signaling the Pseudo wire
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You need to have MPLS Fundamental knowledge .
- You can implement the scenarios of this course in GNS3 or EVE-NG.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
MPLS L2VPN - AToM
- Understanding the Need for AToM 05:21 05:21
- Transporting Layer 2 Frames 07:05 07:05
- AToM Architecture 06:43 06:43
- Data Plane of AToM 07:15 07:15
- AToM Basic Configuration 15:43 15:43
- Signaling the Pseudowire 26:15 26:15
- EoMPLS Carrying Simple Ethernet 12:47 12:47
- EoMPLS Carrying Ethernet Trunk 11:07 11:07
- EoMPLS Carrying one VLAN 08:47 08:47
- AToM Pseudowire Redundancy 17:16 17:16
- AToM Tunnel Selection 15:47 15:47
- AToM Case Study - Unequal-Cost Multipath 11:08 11:08
- AToM Case Study - Equal-Cost Multipath 10:10 10:10
- AToM Case Study - Preferred Path Using IP Routing 33:44 33:44
- AToM Case Study - Preferred Path Using MPLS Traffic Engineering Tunnels 25:20 25:20
Arash is an experienced Cisco engineer with 15 years of experience working in network engineering, communications, and education–particularly in training with E-learning companies. He earned a MSc in power electrical engineering from Tehran Polytechnic. He produces training courses in Persian and English.
The total number of his students in face-to-face and online teaching courses has been more than 10,000.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now