Mind-mapping a Novel
Take control of your first draft
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
The first draft of a novel needs consistency and continuity. That isn't easy to achieve. Mind-mapping offers a way to gain both of those qualities.
- What if you knew how to create mind-maps to ensure that consistency? And that continuity?
- What if you had a way to make sure your characters didn’t inadvertently change in the middle of the story?
- Imagine have a visual diagram to keep your plot on track.
- What if you could have the synopsis of the novel displayed on a single graphic? It could be used as a roadmap to control your first draft.
Hank Quense is the author of a number of highly regarded novels and often writes and lectures on fiction writing techniques. His non-fiction book Creating Stories has been praised by novices and published authors alike.
In this lecture series, you’ll learn how to:
- Use mind-maps to ensure the first draft is consistent.
- Create a mind-map depicting the character’s important traits
- Create mind-map to ensure the plot events and turns are in sync
- Develop a graphical synopsis of the entire story.
Get control of your first draft! By using mind-maps! Inconstancies are difficult to root out. Learn how to prevent making them. Grab a seat in this innovative lecture series now by clicking on the Buy Now button on the top of the page.
What will you learn in this course:
Add the end of the course, the student will be proficient in:
- Developing character mind-maps
- Developing a mind-map of the plot
- Developing a graphical synopsis of the story
What are the prerequisites for this course?
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, it will be beneficial if the student had a Work-in-progress to use as a model for the mind-maps.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Mind-mapping a Novel
- Introduction 02:52 02:52
- Mind-mapping Basics 02:59 02:59
- Mind-mapping Enhancements 02:58 02:58
- Other Mind-mapping Programs 02:51 02:51
- Character Mind-maps 07:46 07:46
- Plot Mind-maps 05:09 05:09
- Graphical Synopsis Mind-map 02:31 02:31
- Now What? 02:29 02:29
- Other Mind-mapping Applications 01:41 01:41
Hank QuenseValuable content at reasonable prices
Award-winning author Hank Quense lives in Bergenfield, NJ with his wife Pat. They have two daughters and five grandchildren. He writes humorous fantasy and scifi stories. On occasion, he also writes an article on fiction writing or book marketing but says that writing nonfiction is like work while writing fiction is fun. He refuses to write serious genre fiction saying there is enough of that on the front page of any daily newspaper and on the evening TV news.
Presently, Hank has 23 published books, both fiction and nonfiction. He’s had over 50 short stories published and dozens of articles
He and his wife, Pat, usually vacation in another galaxy or parallel universe. They also time travel occasionally when Hank is searching for new story ideas.
Besides writing novels, Hank lectures on fiction writing, publishing and book marketing. Since his lectures are geographically restricted to Northern New Jersey, Hank converted his lectures to online video courses that can be watched from anywhere.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now