Microsoft Project Online : Complete Ms Project Course
Step By Step Guide to Setup Microsoft Project Online PWA for Administrators
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -7 hours
Hello everyone, Welcome to the course! I am thrilled to have you on board. You're going to be a valuable asset, and I can't wait to see all that you accomplish. In this course, I'm going to be showing you and teaching you everything that is needed to set up and owe a Successful Career as an Administrator.
Project Online is a flexible online solution for Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and everyday work. Project Online provides powerful project management capabilities for planning, prioritizing, and managing projects and project portfolio investments—from almost anywhere on almost any device. Project Online can be used by administrators, portfolio managers and viewers, project and resource managers, and team leads and members. Project Online is built on the SharePoint platform, and it stores data in the SharePoint data store.
So, through this course learn how to administer Microsoft Project Online and help your organization more effectively manage projects. Follow along with project management as within the course we walk through the many features and settings that can be customized in Microsoft Project Online. I'll show you how to manage licenses and subscriptions, adjust your organization's security settings, and create custom fields, templates, and workflows to address your team's unique needs.
This Project Online Administrators course provides learners with the skills required to configure, customize, define, manage and administrate the Microsoft Project Online environment. The course is available for those who need to administrate Project Online either on-site at your workplace or as live virtual classroom training.
You are going to learn how to master projects online and PWA by learning to configure security groups, resource pools, create custom fields and views, and much much more. At the end of the course, you should be able to configure, implement and maintain a project online environment with confidence. In this course, I will walk you step by step with hands-on training through configuring the three main environments that connect together, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, and Project Online PWA. Just remember, it all starts with having a Project Online license subscription. But don't worry. In the course, I will walk you through obtaining a license in one of the course lectures. You will then master the configuration of PWA by implementing security groups, users, and categories, you will confidently navigate particle lines and configure the project and resource centers. You will learn to customize views, Gantt fields, and lookup tables. You will also master the skill of customizing calendars and creating project file templates. Then, you learn how to turn on the timesheet functionality and configure it to the needs of your organization. Lastly, you will learn to download and install the Microsoft Project desktop app and connect between the desktop app and Project Online. And this will help you to confidently train your users on how they can also connect to protect online with a Microsoft partner desktop app.
If you are planning to do a complete project online configuration from scratch, I would suggest you watch every video in sequence. Remember, this course is for you and there is no right way or one way to take it.
So welcome to this course and let's get learning.
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn how to master projects online and PWA by learning to configure security groups, and resource pools, and create custom fields and views.
- Hands-on training to configure, implement and maintain a project online environment with confidence.
- Knowledge of the three main environments that connect together, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, and Project Online PWA.
- I will walk you through obtaining a license, and master the configuration of PWA by implementing security groups, users and categories.
- You will confidently navigate particle lines and configure the project and resource centers.
- You will learn to customize views, Gantt fields, and lookup tables.
- You will also master the skill of customizing calendars and creating project file templates.
- Lastly, you will learn to download and install the Microsoft Project desktop app and connect between the desktop app and Project Online.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No requirements. This course is designed for the beginner level.
- You will learn everything you need to know.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Basic Introduction 02:18 02:18
- Pre-Configuration Requirements 03:04 03:04
- Ms Project System Architecture 01:48 01:48
- Initial Setup for Ms Project Online PWA 02:56 02:56
Microsoft Project in Office 365
SharePoint for PWA
Active Directory (AD) in Microsoft 365
Security Group in PWA
PWA Project Center
Project Desktop Client
An Enterprise Overview
Microsoft Project desktop clients
An overview to Time and Task Management
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now