Microservice Architecture & Pattern With Java Spring Boot / Cloud
Microservice architecture & patterns for many use cases. With full code examples using Java Spring Boot & Spring Cloud
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Before you purchase:
The course will be focused on architecture & microservice patterns, not how to hand-code the application.
You will get full source code (downloadble). I will explain the code & algorithm, but we will not learn how to code line-by-line.
To get full understanding of sample code, you must know how to code with Java Spring.
Basic spring programming with REST API is NOT covered in this course.
If you need to know the concept, you don't need to know Spring programming
Microservice architecture has become general choice for modern application development. It solves certain problems, although it is not a solution for ecerything.
When using microservice, complexity shifts, and mindset change required. Technical challenges will arise and must be addressed. Fortunately, many people already facing the same technical challenges and developed a solution. These solutions become common patterns to solve thes problems. Thus, it become design patterns for microservices architecture.
There are many patterns to design and implement microservices.
Microservices is -by nature- distributed system, thus some technical challenges comes from this nature. Communication among services in distributed places require different approach to works efficiently. In this course, we will learn many things :
what is microservice architecture
microservice chassis to boost productivity
organize clean & standard microservice code
communication among services : synchronous, asynchronous
handling communication error
synchronize data & keeping data integrity on transaction which involves several distributed services
capture changed data in real time, in reliable way
querying data from multiple services
event sourcing, replaying data flow
API gateway concept
composing several API
tracing call chain that involves several services
centralized log & exception tracking
deploy the application as docker container
This course will be delivered with full sample code using Java Spring Boot & Spring Cloud.
Several other tools that we will use on this course :
Apache Kafka (will use a lot of this!)
Kong API management
What will you learn in this course:
- Microservice architecture & patterns that can be used to design good microservice-based application
- Identify technical challenges & common pitfalls when designing microservice application, and how to handle them using proven patterns
- Example code on Spring Boot & Spring Cloud with various technologies : Apache Kafka, Consul, API Gateway, Hashicorp Vault, Circuit Breaker
- Deploy & monitor your microservice application using various technologies : Docker, Zipkin, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Exception Tracking Service
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- The focus is NOT on coding course. We will see full, detail code & explanation, but not line-by-line hands-on.
- This course has theory & code part, if you're not interested in code part, no requirement needed.
- You must know Java Spring programming if you want to fully understand sample code. This course will NOT teach basic Java Spring programming
- If you want to run sample code, you need a computer with enough memory (at least 8 GB, ideally 16 GB)
- For convenience, use Linux, Mac, or Windows 10 Professional edition. Older Windows version, or Windows 10 Home should possible runs docker too using Docker Toolbox.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Welcome 02:11 02:11
- Tips : How To Get Maximum Value From This Course 05:56 05:56
Basic Idea of Microservices
How To Run The Sample Codes
Clean & Standard Microservice Source Code
Data Transaction Across Services
Query Data From Multiple Services
Event Sourcing with Axon Framework
Prepare For Production
Resources & References
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now