Mastering the Art of Circuit Analysis
Discover the hidden secrets of circuit analysis and unlock your engineering potential.
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -5.5 hours
At the heart of every great engineer lies a strong foundation in the fundamentals.
- Do you feel like you're missing something fundamental?
- Are you struggling to understand the core concepts of electrical engineering?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the vast amount of knowledge available, and wish you had a key to unlock the door of understanding?
Look no further than "Mastering the Art of Circuit Analysis" - The first course in The Tao of Phasor Series.
This course is not just about analyzing circuits with phasors:
- With high-quality content, insightful lessons and engaging storytelling, you'll gain a deep understanding of the fundamental principles that underpin all of electrical engineering.
- Our focus is not just on the HOW, but also on the WHY and the evolution of analytical methods in this field.
- You'll discover that phasors are not just a mathematical tool, but a KEY to unlock the secrets of electrical engineering.
By the end of this course:
- You'll learn how to harness the vast knowledge in this field and apply it to your career.
- You'll learn how to master this field and develop the skills that will set you apart from your peers.
- You'll have a solid foundation that will impact your entire electrical engineering career.
- You'll be well on your way to becoming a confident and successful engineer.
Join us on this journey and discover the joy of understanding the Tao of electrical engineering!
Don't overlook this seemingly boring agenda. I am not using a conventional teaching style, but explaining how the circuit analysis approach is built up. This may solve many of the "WHYs" in your mind.
- Basic Laws and Methods, Ohm
- Kirchhoff Current and Voltage Laws, Kirchhoff
- Nodal Voltage and Mesh Current Analysis
- History of Electricity
- RC and RL Circuits, 1st-order Differential Equation, 1st-order Circuit Response
- General Solution for 1st-order Differential Equation, Examples
- Reason to Study RLC Circuits
- Kelvin, Ruhmkorff Coil
- RLC Circuit Analysis, Maxwell, and Hertz
- 2nd-order Differential Equation, Natural Response
- Derivatives, Newton, Leibniz, Lagrange, and Arbogast
- Heaviside & Heaviside's Trick
- Characteristic Equation and Natural Responses
- Undamped, Underdamped, Critically Damped and Overdamped
- Discriminant and Damping Ratio
- Simple Spring System and Pendulum System
- Zero-state Response Examples, Complete Response Example
- Revisit 1st-order Case
- Sinusoidal Properties, Formula of Power Calculations, Magnitude vs. Amplitude
- Sinusoidal Excitation Analysis (Time-domain)
- Coordinate Systems and Descartes
- Complex Plane and Gauss
- Complex Numbers, Complex Plane and Sinusoidal Wave
- Complex Excitation Analysis (Time-domain), Phasor Excitation Analysis (Frequency-domain)
- Phasor Plane and Its Base Function
- Sinusoidal Waves Synthesis
- Phase Noise: The Leeson's Model
- Phasors Everywhere
- Impedance and Admittance, Kirchhoff’s Laws
- Mr. Bigs, Steinmetz
- Challenges and Silver Lining, The Paper, and Carson
- The Beauty of Phasor
Who this course is for:
- Students studying E.E. who want to accelerate their learning, gain a solid foundation and build confidence in circuit analysis. This is for you!
- Engineers who want to develop a strong foundation in E.E. principles, refresh their knowledge and expand skill with informative ideas. This is for you!
- Educators seeking a comprehensive resource to supplement their curriculum and teaching toolkit. This is for you!
- Examination candidates seeking a way to gain the knowledge necessary to succeed. This is for you!
What will you learn in this course:
- Not only learn HOW but also learn WHY in circuit analysis .
- Concepts required to analyze and design circuits, as well as a better understanding of the basics.
- Historical context of fundamental concepts in circuit analysis and their evolution over time.
- Core concept of phasors and how they can be used to analyze and solve a wide range of electrical engineering problems.
- Strong foundation for further study in other areas, e.g. signals and systems, comm. systems, RF transceivers, power systems, etc.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic knowledge of algebra.
- Basic knowledge of voltage, current, and components such as capacitors, inductors, and resistors.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Overview 02:10 02:10
Basic Circuit Laws
Sinusoidal & Complex Excitations
The Story Phasor
Dr. Simen Li
- As an electrical engineering expert and educator with over 15 years of experience, I have worked on a variety of projects that have honed my expertise in the field.
- I was an RF system engineer at MediaTek Inc. and an assistant professor at the Department of Electronics, National Taipei University of Technology, a professional lecturer with Agilent (now Keysight), Civil Aeronautics Administration (Taiwan), Tze-Chiang Foundation of Science & Technology, and Metro Taipei. I'm currently running a company to solve communication problems in construction. Now I'm excited to bring my expertise to Udemy learners.
- I am passionate about teaching the fundamental principles of electrical engineering in an accessible, engaging, and easy-to-understand way.
- With my extensive knowledge of phasor and circuit analysis, I have developed the "The Tao of Phasor (TOP)" series to help students master the core concepts of electrical engineering quickly and efficiently.
- As a co-author or translator of several technical books, I have demonstrated my ability to communicate complex information in a way that is both engaging and understandable.
- My experience as both an engineer and a teacher has allowed me to develop a teaching style that is both approachable and effective. I look forward to sharing my knowledge with you and helping you succeed in your electrical engineering journey.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now