Mastering Java 8 Fundamentals
Learn the core concepts of Java 8 systematically with this concise course
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Whether you want to learn the fundamentals of the Java 8 programming platform or work on a project based on Java 8, this course will help you to understand its features and be able to apply your skills in real-world Java projects.
The course starts by highlighting the key differences between object-oriented programming and functional programming styles and covers the latest features of Java. Next, you will understand the role of lambda expressions and functional interfaces and learn how to use them effectively in Java programs. As you advance, you’ll become familiar with different types of method references and learn techniques to apply them. You’ll also get an overview of pipelines, streams, and common operations and understand the power of optional APIs to prevent null values. With the help of coding demos, you’ll learn how to consolidate all that you have learned.
By the end of this course, you’ll have gained the fundamental knowledge of Java 8 needed to develop and run error-free Java programs.
What will you learn in this course:
- Distinguish between object-oriented and functional programming styles
- Write functional interfaces and work with them using functional code
- Discover how to write lambda expressions
- Find out how to use static methods in Java 8
- Create a pipeline to map, filter, and collect elements
- Understand how to write modern functional code using Java 8 constructs
- Use optional APIs for guarding against null pointer exceptions
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Intermediate knowledge of Java programming is necessary to get started with this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Welcome to the Course! 00:27 00:27
- Java 8 Theory and Examples Sections 00:45 00:45
- Difference between Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Functional Programming Styles 04:09 04:09
- A Quick Look at the Main Java 8 Features 06:18 06:18
Lambda Expression and Functional Interfaces
Pipelines and Streams
Java 8 Coding Demos: Lambda Expressions and Functional Interfaces
Java 8 Coding Demos: The Stream API
Java 8 Coding Demos: Other Features
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now