Mastering Evernote with System X Methodology
Learn How to Turn Evernote into the Most Powerful Task Management System
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Hi, my name is Jan and I am an Evernote Certified Consultant. I've been using Evernote since 2011 and for the first few months, I didn't know how to use it properly.
As a multiple-project infopreneur, online teacher and author who focuses on iOS and web development, fitness, productivity, and passive income, I'm constantly trying to hack my life to get the most bang for the buck.
Unlike many regular Evernote users, and even Evernote Certified Consultants who simply treat Evernote as a digital storage while using some other products and services for task management, I am wholeheartedly convinced that Evernote is a unique service, that can successfully play both of these roles when used with the right methodology.
It can be great digital content storage and, it can be an even better task management system at the same time without going back and forth between different solutions.
In 2017, I published my unique methodology for using Evernote as a task management system which I called The System2. I continued to revise and polish this methodology to make it even simpler to understand and easier to use.
I'm very excited to present to you the results of this improved version of The System2, which I managed to transform to a whole different, more intuitive and straightforward productivity solution which I call System X.
System X is based on the same principles as The System2, yet it makes the whole journey to productivity less grinding and more fun, which is especially important at the beginning when you need to turn your time management into everyday habit and ritual.
If you're tired of constantly trying to find yet another new productivity system, this is the right course for you. I'm positive that System X will allow you to truly appreciate the hidden power of Evernote you've never even thought about.
In this course, you'll learn about:
why there are only two notebooks, SORT and CABINET
reference notes and task notes
a brand new universal task template
how to create and use saved searches
how to use reminders with due dates
how to use tags properly
DR@PS, a unique tagging system
status tags like !URGENT, ?SOMEDAY and others
how to capture stuff to Evernote
how to sort notes
specific workflow example
how to properly use task progress
how to work with dependencies
how to keep your tags tidy
What will you learn in this course:
- Why there are only two notebooks, SORT and CABINET
- Reference notes and task notes
- A brand new universal task template
- How to create and use saved searches
- How to use reminders with due dates
- DR@PS, a unique tagging system
- Status tags like !URGENT, ?SOMEDAY and others
- How to capture stuff to Evernote
- How to sort notes
- Specific workflow example
- How to properly use task progress
- How to work with dependencies
- How to keep your tags tidy
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- This course is for anyone who want to better manage their lives, organize their work and get more things done in less time. No previous knowledge required. Suitable for absolute beginners.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 04:05 04:05
- Getting Evernote 02:20 02:20
- System X Basics 01:35 01:35
- Notebooks 01:03 01:03
- Notes 02:16 02:16
- Task template 01:40 01:40
- Saved searches 03:34 03:34
- Reminders 02:40 02:40
- Tags 03:57 03:57
- DR@PS: Document 03:14 03:14
- DR@PS: Realm 01:45 01:45
- DR@PS: Location 01:41 01:41
- DR@PS: Project 01:17 01:17
- DR@PS: Subject 01:36 01:36
- Status tags 01:16 01:16
- Status tags: !URGENT 01:48 01:48
- Status tags: ?SOMEDAY 01:21 01:21
- Status tags: !BLOCKING & ?WAITING-ON 01:28 01:28
- Status tags: ->CP 01:31 01:31
- Capturing stuff 04:03 04:03
- Sorting 01:28 01:28
- Workflow example 04:31 04:31
- Task progress 04:23 04:23
- Dependencies 02:59 02:59
- Keeping tags tidy 01:17 01:17
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now