MASTER Git and Github for DevOps CI/CD
A crash course on developing an essential skill for Developer, Tester and Sysadmin
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In stackoverflow 2020 survey, the most asked questions was related to Git. Git is everywhere as it is used by everyone whether by developer or tester or sysadmin. That makes Git as a must knowing skill to survive in IT jungle.
This is the crash course is fully packed with useful hands-on covering the key concepts at the same time without wasting crucial time of developer like you.
In this learning path you will learn all the fundamental concepts of Git like
What is Version Control System
What is Repository and difference between local and remote repo
Components of .git folder
What is branching and different types of branching
Different states of files in git
What is Merge and Rebase and much more
This skill track is fully focused on the practical approach with having lots of handy-useful labs to make you an expert on Git and Github.
Practical Labs includes
Initializing git repository
Adding files to staging area and committing them to local repository
Pushing the local repository to remote
Creating different types of branches
Merging different branches
Rebasing different branches
Using cherry pick
Use git stash to save untracked files
checking logs and history of commits
Adding tag into every new release
Comparing different commits
Creating .gitignore file to ignore specific kind of files
Building readme file for eye catching description and much more
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn fundamental concepts of Version Control System
- Learn all the basic and advanced git commands
- Learn to collaborate with other team members
- Learn the key concepts of branching, merging, stashing, tagging and much more
- Explore the inside look of .git folder
- Learn to create repository using git bash and through Github as well
- Learn basic Linux commands
- Learn different types of branches like master, developer, feature, release and hotfix branch
- Learn to create .gitignore files to ignore specific files
- Learn to create beautiful Readme md file for eye catching description
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic knowledge on Linux and its commands (Optional)
- Git bash and Git desktop installed on system
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Welcome to the course
- What is Git and Why use Git 01:36 01:36
Fundamental Concepts of Git and Github
Git COMMANDS which everyone should know
Creating First Repo
Concepts of Branching
Pranjal SrivastavaSME of AWS & IBM Cloud
I am an Instructor, Devops engineer, machine learning enthusiast, cloud expert and passionate developer.
I have authored 60+ courses on wide array of technologies like containerization, machine learning, Linux, programming languages and cloud computing platforms like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Service and IBM Cloud.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now