Master Django REST Framework with Docker, Dev to Production
Build a functional API with Docker, Celery, Redis, Flower, Nginx, Nginx Proxy manager, Portainer and more...
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -13.5 hours
Hi, welcome to this course on building a production-ready, detailed Django REST API, running on a web server powered by NGINX, on a custom domain name, and served securely over HTTPS with SSL Certificates from Letsencrypt.
This course is NOT for absolute beginners.
We shall achieve our goal by leveraging tools such as Docker, Celery, Redis, Flower, Nginx, Nginx Proxy Manager, Portainer, shell scripts, and more...
This course is targeted at those with AT LEAST 6 months of web development experience, but more is better. Before beginning, you should have some familiarity with the following concepts, in as much as I will try to explain everything.
The concepts we shall cover include:
Docker and running multiple containers
Securing a Django REST API with HTTPS using SSL Certificates
REST APIs with Django and Django Rest Framework
Asynchronous tasks with Celery and Redis
Asynchronous tasks monitoring with Flower
Introduction to API testing with Pytest using factories and fixtures.
Working with email in development with Mailhog and in production with Mailgun
Python Test coverage
Serving static and media files with NGINX and white noise
Makefiles and how they make working with Docker easier.
and much much more...........
All this shall be covered step by step so that you can leverage the skills you learn in this course to build even bigger and better applications at scale.
My Hope is that you shall gain immense value from this.
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn how to use Docker with Celery, Redis, and Flower with Django REST Framework
- You will learn how to use Reverse Proxies with NGINX and NGINX Proxy Manager
- You will learn how Secure an API with HTTPS with SSL Certificates from Letsencrypt
- You will be Introduced to API testing with Pytest using factories and fixtures
- You will learn how manage multiple Docker containers with Portainer
- You will learn how to use shell scripts to automate and monitor processes
- You will learn how to implement Asynchronous tasks with Celery and Redis
- You will learn how implement Asynchronous tasks monitoring with Flower
- You will learn how to work with Postgres within a Docker container, including how to perform backups using shell scripts.
- Working with emails using Mailhog in development and Mailgun in production.
- You will learn how to use makefiles to make working with Docker easier.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- This course is NOT for absolute beginners.
- This course is targeted at Python Developers with at least 1 year of web development experience or more
- It's preferable that you use a computer with any LINUX based operating system or MacOS. If not possible, a windows machine will also work, but I have not tested the course material with a windows machine
- You should be familiar with the basic concepts surrounding shell scripts, Docker,API's and Django.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 00:35 00:35
- Course Requirements 00:58 00:58
- What you are getting yourself into............... 06:24 06:24
Logging In Django
Brief Intro to Insomnia
Configure Django with Docker
How to create Postgres database backup when self hosting
Creating a Custom User Model
Configure Celery and Redis
TimeStamped & Profile Models
Authentication,Authorization & JWT
User Profile Serializers and Views
Article Rating Functionality
Claps(The way Medium Does it)
Allow Users to add their Responses
Article Search using ElasticSearch
Intro to Django Testing with Pytest
DigitalOcean Deploy, NGINX Proxy Manager & Portainer
Alpha Omondi Ogilo
I currently work Full-time as a Senior Software Engineering Manager and in my free time also started creating youtube tutorials
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now