Manufacturing engineering - METAL FORMING
Learn about Rolling,Extrusion,Metal drawing,Sheet metal,Forging and other manufacturing processes
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
"Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of professional engineering which involves numerous concepts,subjects and processes. Metal casting being one of the most eminent".
The main motive of this course is to make you understand the METAL FORMING (Mechanical working of metals) in greater detail without taking much of your time. The prime focus here is the rolling process. However, extrusion, drawing, forging, Sheet metal etc. will also be covered.
For the sake of better understanding. I have made the explanatory diagrams by myself because in many textbooks they look very complex.The language used in the course is very simple and to the point.
What will you learn in this course:
- What is metal forming - Re-crystallization, Hot and cold working, Grain theory, Flow stress
- Rolling process - Mechanism, slip, maximum reduction, force and power, rolling mill types, ROLL PASS design
- Industry oriented - "How to make a production report for a rolling mill"
- Extrusion and Drawing - Basic concept, types and important formula, Wire and tube drawing
- Forging - Types, forgeability, forging analysis, operations and defects
- Sheet metal - Punching,blanking and other sheet metal operations
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Preliminary idea of Material science as such grain theory (Although everything has been explained in the course)
- Brief knowledge of strength of material or mechanics of solids (Concepts like yield strength)
- High school calculus (differentiation & integration) and trigonometry
- The most important trait - "A kin and curious mind"
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Scope of the course 02:15 02:15
- What is metal forming 04:52 04:52
- Recrystallization 07:09 07:09
- Hot VS cold working 02:13 02:13
- Flow stress 07:53 07:53
Extrusion & Drawing
Sheet metal operations
J Aatish RaoMechanical engineering professional
A dynamic team spirited mechanical engineering professional having 8+ years of industrial exposure. "Conducting workshops & engaging in teaching activities is the key ingredients of life".
Certified to provide training on various software,science & engineering related topics.
AutoDesk Certified Professional,AutoDesk Fusion Certified user, ClearFit Certified Team Leader, Industrial Consultant and a keen enthusiast of stargazing.
E-learning is such a supplement which can nourish you without being physically present :)
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now