Machine Learning & Self-Driving Cars: Bootcamp with Python
Combine the power of Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision to make a Self-Driving Car!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Interested in Machine Learning or Self-Driving Cars (i.e. Tesla)? Then this course is for you!
This course has been designed by a professional Data Scientist, expert in Autonomous Vehicles, with the goal of sharing my knowledge and help you understand how Self-Driving Cars work in a simple way.
Each topic is presented at three levels:
Introduction: the topic will be presented, initial intuition about it
Hands-On: practical lectures where we will learn by doing
[Optional] Deep dive: going deep into the maths to fully understand the topic
What tools will we use in the course?
Python: probably the most versatile programming language in the world, from websites to Deep Neural Networks, all can be done in Python
Python libraries: matplotlib, OpenCV, numpy, scikit-learn, keras, ... (those libraries make the possibilities of Python limitless)
Webots: a very powerful simulator, which free and open source but can provide a wide range of simulation scenarios (Self-Driving Cars, drones, quadrupeds, robotic arms, production lines, ...)
Who this course is for?
All-levels: there is no previous knowledge required, there is a section that will teach you how to program in Python
Maths/logic: High-school level is enough to understand everything!
[Optional] Python sections: How to program in python, and how to use essential libraries
Computer Vision: teaches a computer how to see, and introduces key concepts for Neural Networks
Machine Learning: introduction, key concepts, and road sign classification
Collision Avoidance: so far we have used cameras, in this section we understand how radar and lidar sensors are used for self-driving cars, use them for collision avoidance, path planning
Help us understand the difference between Tesla and other car manufacturers, because Tesla doesn’t use radar sensors
Deep learning: we will use all the concepts that we have seen before in CV, in ML and CA, neural networks introduction, Behavioural Cloning
Control Theory: control systems is the glue that stitches all engineering fields together
If you are mainly interested in ML, you can only listen to the introduction for this section, but you should know that the initial Neural Networks were heavily influenced by CT
Who am I, and why am I qualified to talk about Self-driving cars?
Worked in self-driving motorbikes, boats and cars
Some of the biggest companies in the world
Over 8 years experience in the industry and a master in Robotic & CV
Always been interested in efficient learning, and used all the techniques that I’ve learned in this course
Who this course is for:
- All-levels, every section is separated with three levels: Introduction, Hands-On, Deep Dive
- Any student who wants to transition into the field of artificial intelligence
- Entrepreneurs with an interest in working on some of the most cutting edge technologies
- To upgrade or get a job in the Automotive / Data Science domain
- Any people who want to create added value to their business by using powerful Machine Learning tools
What will you learn in this course:
- Master Machine Learning and Python
- Learn how to apply Machine Learning algorithms to develop a Self-Driving Car from scratch
- Understand why Deep Learning is such a revolution and use it to make the car drive like a human (Behavioural Cloning)
- Simulate a Self-Driving car in a realistic environment using multiple techniques (Computer Vision, Convolution Neural Networks, ...)
- Create strong added value to your business
- Gentle introduction to Machine Learning where all the key concepts are presented in an intuitive way
- Code Deep Convolutional Neural Networks with Keras (the most popular library)
- Learn to apply Computer Vision and Deep Learning techniques to build automotive related algorithms
- Understand how Self Driving Cars work (sensors, actuators, speed control, ...)
- Learn to code in Python starting from the very beginning
- Python libraires: NumPy, Sklearn (Scikit-Learn), Keras, OpenCV, Matplotlib
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Any student with basic physics and mathematics knowledge can join (all skill levels are welcome)
- Prior programming experience is NOT necessary
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Why This Course? 05:47 05:47
- How to Approach This Course? 05:47 05:47
- Make it Engaging 03:49 03:49
Python's Essential Libraries[Optional]
Machine Learning Hands-On
Deep Learning: Hands-On
Iu AyalaData Scientist & Robotics Engineer, CEO of Gradient Insight
Since I was a child I've always been passionate about Engineering, in particular about Self-Driving Cars. After getting a master in Machine Learning & Robotics in Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh, UK) I decided to work in autonomous vehicles:
- Self-Driving Motorbike (AutoRD LTD) where we developed multiple controllers for handling a motorbike at multiple speeds
- Self-Driving Boats (L3HARRIS) I mainly worked in the R&D department, where I could develop wave sensing technologies, but I've also developed safety-critical software (C++ & PLC)
- Self-Driving Cars (TPGroup) we managed to make a Self-Driving Humvee, in a GPS denied environment, I was in charge of providing the vehicle position from a Radar feed.
I've always loved to teach, both of my parents are teachers and I've been teaching from a young age (it's the family business). Given that I bought and loved many Udemy courses, I felt that it was time to try it out!
Currently I have my own company GRADIENT INSIGHT LTD where I offer Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Consulting services.
I truly believe that you should NEVER stop learning, if you have any comments/feedback about my course please give it to me, even if it's not positive, it will help me to improve, and that's what matters to me!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now