Linux, Unix OS Command Line and Shell Scripting Introduction
Become an expert in Command Line in Linux, Unix & Shell scripting, Automate Script Execution through Cronjob. Monitor and Control Process. Create, Insert, Modify Files in Editors.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This unique course is designed to make beginner and get into expert. Further this unique course covers basics of operating system, command line commands in details and introduction to shell scripting (3 in 1 course).
As more and more organization are moving into Linux and Unix operating system as its generally open source. Additionally, Linux, Unix skills gained by developers would make them more in demand. Earlier Unix was the OS for mainly server, but with Linux being light weight, open source and being adopted for standalone desktop and laptop as well, the opportunities bound to grow.
Added to this, Internet of things based IOT devices such as Raspberry pi Beagle bone Orange pi uses Linux based operating system. Hence, in next few years, there is bound to be exceptional growth with good career opportunities for Linux and Unix skilled experts. Furthermore, had extensively used Raspberry Pi - Linux for all demonstration and activities in the course. Also in the future most of the resource constrained web and IOT device would be extensively based on LINUX OS.
From a developer perspective, this course not only cover command line commands, but also Bash shell scripting to make you comprehensive developer expert in Linux Unix OS.
The topic covered are as follows:
- Operating system overview - Operating System introduction and components, Operating System structure, User and operating system
- Linux and Unix introduction - Linux and Unix Introduction , Environment option for learning
- Files and directory commands - cat, head, tail, wc, copy, move, remove, touch, directory listing, grep, history, symbolic link, absolute and relative path
- Editor - File creation and modification - vi, nano
- File permission - Assigning and modification
- Other commands - Wild card, file Redirection, FTP
- Monitoring and controlling process - Process monitor and kill command
- House keeping - Archive and extracting (tar, compress, uncompress)
- Basic shell scripting(bash) - LET, READ, DEBUG commands, IF, FOR, WHILE, CASE, UNTIL, FUNCTION Commands and shell scripting examples
- Automate script execution - Crontab listing and creation
What will you learn in this course:
- Wide range of commonly used command line commands in Linux / Unix command
- Shell scripting fundamentals, including automation of scripts execution through cronjob
- How to create, insert, modify files using editors vi, Nano
- Understanding automation through crontab
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic programming knowledge
- Access to Linux or Unix command line environment either online or others
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Overview 05:02 05:02
Operating System Overview
Introduction to Linux & Unix
Command line Commands - Files and Directory
File Creations and Editors
Monitoring and Controlling Process
House Keeping Options : Archieving and Extracting
Introduction to Bash Shell Scripting
Automating or scheduling task using Cron
GUHARAJANMCEO, Capstone Solutions, Trainer
He is having over 25 + years of IT industry experience (Product development, Consulting & Training).
Althrough his career he has worked on assignments with fortune 500 companies across the globe. His last engagement was with Oracle India (initially with Oracle consulting and then with Oracle University) , which was for more than 12 years. Prior to this, had worked with Cap Gemini (formerly iGate Global Solution), GE to name a few.
Had managed projects and programs in Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Intelligence implementations in the range of 3000 man days with revenue about 6mil US$ per year. These projects are on industry domains, such as Oil and Gas, Process Manufacturing, Hi-Tech Retail & Telecom across the globe.
Was awarded with "pace setter" , "best managed " project awards in recognition of efforts in project management.
Was also instrumental in design, development and roll-out of Graduate Hire program on Oracle Products & cloud stack for partner IT services companies in recent times.
Right from college was fascinated about devices and sensor interaction with computer, which made him focus on micro-controller in early 90's and that eventually attracted him towards field of Internet of things and Machine learning, AI these days.
Due to his vast experience, he has crafted varied unique courses related project management, Internet of things, database modeling and design. Has plans to create more, as his passion has been on knowledge acquisition and sharing which he has acquired over 2 decades.
He holds a Bachelor's degree in engineering (Computer science) with MBA and a certified PMP since 2007
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now