Let's Start Making Games!
Pre planning covers design of game idea, marketpotential, competitors, visuals, platforms, monetization and development.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course is about how to start further developing your game idea, and how to polish this game idea from scratch to a game development plan and how to eventually develop the game!
Pre planning will save your time and money, you won't waste them on projects that are out of scope, outdated or impossible to develop - because you will get good and solid information and data about your game idea by pre planning it first!
This pre planning phase includes several parts for you to follow, and after these parts it's much easier to see if your idea is good enough for prototyping or even development.
First we start with game idea
Make the initial definition for the Game idea
Do some Market research and check reference games
Think about the Platform(s) and Monetization
Then we polish the game idea
Create vision of graphic style and technic
Do some first versions of wireframes and flowcharts
Do some planning on UX and Usability
Finally we make the plan more solid
Find out what kind of team is needed for development
Think about the general workflow and timetable of game development
Do an estimate for the price of the development
Plan the next steps
Ideally this course is meant for small and medium sized Indie game teams, starting with their initial game ideas. And to people who dream about making games and building their own team for it, and want to learn the process of developing a game idea into a game development plan - and ultimately to develop the game!
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn how to pre plan your game idea to make sure it is ready for development.
- You will learn best ways to make sure that your game idea is ready for development.
- You will learn how to estimate the time and budget needed to make the development.
- You will learn how to get better idea of you game ideas graphic style, technics, platform, competitors and publishing ways.
- You will learn how to save your time and money with pre planning.
- You will learn how to evaluate your game ideas market potential.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You want start creating games, you have some game idea or want create one and inspect more deeply to make sure it is valid for development.
- You need only computer or mobile device and software to write text, this course is about planning no expensive softwares or equipment required.
- Course content includes pre planning document template you can use!
- Indie game developers, small or medium sized teams or anyone who wants to start making games.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Let's start making games Introduction
- Introduction 03:28 03:28
Let's start making games Part 1
Let's start making games Part 2
Let's start making games Part 3
With over twenty-two years of game development experience Aniway is one of the oldest game studios in Finland and part of the core of the Finnish game industry. Since it’s Founding in 1999 Aniway has been an independent game development studio producing own IP games and client work for various media and platforms. Aniway also has extensive experience in creation of game development related courses and educational programs, as well as teaching various game development topics in Finland for over 15 years.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now