Learn to use QGIS for remote sensing and map making
Open source will become more important
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1.5 hours
Hello everybody. Welcome to this tutorial.
I will try to guide you to analyze satellite images and to create a beautiful map .
The course covers a theoretical aspect of GIS, installing GIS, downloading GIS free data from the web, importing the data in the software, creating some vector layers, manual and automatic classification of satellite images, applying some basic spatial functions and exporting the result. At the end you will be able to create a map.
What will you learn in this course:
- Install an Open source GIS software
- Learn basics of QGIS
- Learn how to download and import GIS data
- Learn how to create new layers in QGIS
- Learn how to manipulate GIS data
- Learn how to represent GIS data on a map
- Classify Landsat 8 images
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- A computer installed with Windows/Linux
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction. What is GIS? 03:25 03:25
- Where do i get a GIS software from? 05:21 05:21
- Where do i get GIS data from? 07:20 07:20
Make your first GIS project
Data representation and map export
Download Landsat 8 data
Classify Landsat data
Paul NicoaraMsc in Geomatics, Bsc in Cartography
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now