Learn to Overcome Excuses and Kill Procrastination, Now
Efforts to procrastinate, make excuses, and just avoid certain aspects of your job or task just leads to working harder
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1 hours
In truth, efforts to procrastinate, make excuses, and just avoid certain aspects of your job or task just leads to taking longer to complete work you could do much quicker, leading to you getting less done than you could within a set amount of time.
Additionally, it forces you to work harder, take more time away from other activities you would rather be doing, and can lead to doing poorer-quality work because you have to work faster to make up for the time you lost by procrastinating and making excuses. And, to compound the problem you are working faster, so you will be more prone to making mistakes and not thinking clearly when doing important tasks.
Therefore, dealing with procrastination, self-doubt, and distractions is key to overcoming excuses and getting the most high-quality work done in the least amount of time possible.
In the coming lectures in this course, you will learn why procrastination is a major enemy to doing your best work and why it is in your best interest to overcome it.
- You will learn how self-doubt leads to slower work, which can negatively impact the quality of your work.
- You will learn how to handle both the distractions you can and cannot control so that they do not impact the quality or your work nor the time it takes you to complete them.
- You will learn why staying on or ahead of schedule is key to doing your best work.
- You will learn how to “make a game” out of getting things done promptly so you can work more efficiently.
- You will learn why focusing on the benefits and rewards you’ll get after completing a project is key to completing that project efficiently and doing your best work.
- You will learn why taking regular breaks during your project and taking care of your health and well-being are also key to doing your best work.
- I have designed this course to be straightforward with simple concepts that will, when practiced eliminate the need in your life to procrastinate.
- And, that, will in many ways protect and add to your good reputation, credibility and profitability.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to get ahead in their work, their job or even their life.
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn that procrastination makes you work slower
- You will learn that procrastination makes you work harder
- You will learn tricks to use to break the habit of procrastination like taking frequent breaks
- You will ultimately need to learn how to deal with distractions, I will teach you mechanisms to do just that
- And the best part of all, you will learn why it is important to reward yourself when the job is finished on time and was accomplished within a time table.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There is a workbook companion for this course so you will need a printer or a way to print a copy of the workbook.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction Learn To Overcome Excuses 03:17 03:17
- First Understand Procrastination Makes You Work Slower 08:16 08:16
- Understand Procrastination Can Also Make You Work Harder 06:54 06:54
- Stop Doubting Your Abilities – Here’s How To Work Faster 10:00 10:00
- Take Regular Breaks – Why Taking Regular Breaks Is Key To Doing Your Best Work 06:33 06:33
- It Starts With You – Taking Care Of Yourself Is Key To Doing Your Best Work 09:55 09:55
- Making a Game Out of Getting Things Done 08:11 08:11
- How To Overcome Distractions That You CAN Control 08:21 08:21
- How To Overcome Distractions That You CAN'T Control 05:14 05:14
- How To Stay On Time or Ahead of Your Project 04:53 04:53
- Reward Yourself When a Project is Completed 08:51 08:51
- Conclusion or Let's Wrap it Up 07:57 07:57
Brent DalleyTrainer in: Leadership, Marketing, Family Counseling
For the past 22years Brent has owned and operated his own business.
He works from home, writing and producing training courses in personal development, leadership, and personal communications.
He consults and coaches winning teams and team leaders.
He is a personal coach to those seeking to improve their personal life.
With forty years' experience in leadership, he has gained a lifetime’s knowledge and experience.
Throughout his career Brent has received awards in education, sales performance, cost control and asset management, and employee/management relationships.
In his time away from the office he has volunteered as a counselor and coach to countless individuals and couples.
He is married to the same young lady he met 60 years ago and together they have two daughters and one son and 9 grandchildren.
His current interests are mountain biking, hiking and spoiling grandchildren.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now