Learn the basics of ArcGIS for remote sensing
Great skill to have in the top GIS software
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course was created at the request of several of our users.
We made a survey, asking our followers which courses they would really love to see and this came at the top of our list.
The course presents the basics of using tools for Remote Sensing in ArcGIS. Even if it shows the basics, you can for sure find any information that you are looking for and most of the tools present in the best GIS software.
ArcGIS has been a leading GIS software on the global market, that is constantly evolving. Taking this course now means you can be ahead of other GIS and remote sensing professionals.
We consider the course to have 10 lessons per module. Each module presents a particular Remote Sensing application.
The first module has lessons on downloading satellite images, georeferencing them, making spatial analysis by using geoprocessing and raster tools, classification and statistics functions, creating charts and using some hydrology tools for Watershed Analysis.
We constantly try to expand the course with more modules.
What will you learn in this course:
- Basics of Remote sensing
- Basics of ArcGIS
- Satellite images and spectral band introduction
- Download free satellite images
- Generate FCC image
- Georeferencing, defining projection
- Generate DEM contours
- Geoprocessing tools
- Raster Analysis functions
- Classification functions
- Statistical functions
- Imagery and raster charts
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- A computer installed with Windows
- ArcGIS software installed on PC
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Remote sensing, satellite images, spectral bands introduction 07:36 07:36
- Layers stacking satellite images 10:54 10:54
- Georeferencing satellite images 09:52 09:52
- Introduction to geoprocessing raster tools 11:09 11:09
- Raster Analysis Functions 11:28 11:28
- Georeferencing toposheet 09:51 09:51
- Site suitability using weighted overlay analysis - part 1 10:15 10:15
- Site suitability using weighted overlay analysis - part 2 10:26 10:26
- Watershed Delineation from DEM 13:45 13:45
- Watershed Analysis 15:36 15:36
Paul NicoaraMsc in Geomatics, Bsc in Cartography
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now