Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -7.5 hours
The blockchain that you build in this course will have all of the following features:
- A proof of work algorithm to secure the network.
- Hashing algorithms to secure the data within the blockchain.
- The ability to mine (create) new blocks that contain data.
- The ability to create transactions and store them in blocks.
- An API/server that will be used to interact with the blockchain from the internet.
- It will be hosted on a decentralized blockchain network.
- A consensus algorithms to verify that the network nodes have valid data and are synchronized.
- A broadcasting system to keep the data in the blockchain network synchronized.
- Many other awesome features!...
When you have completed this course you will have built out your own blockchain prototype in code. You will have a thorough understanding of how blockchain technology actually works and why this technology is so secure and valuable. You will also have a deep understanding of how decentralized blockchain networks function and why decentralization is such an important feature for securing the blockchain. The whole process of storing, securing, and validating data/transactions on the blockchain will become very clear.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to build their own Blockchain Prototype in code.
- Anyone who wants to learn how Blockchain Technology works under-the-hood.
- Anyone who wants to understand how the "decentralization" of blockchain actually works.
- Anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of why Blockchain Technology is valuable.
- Anyone who wants to learn how the code behind Blockchain Technology works.
What will you learn in this course:
- Have your own, fully functional, blockchain prototype.
- Learn how the code behind blockchain technology functions.
- Learn why blockchain technology is a very secure means of storing data.
- Learn how a decentralized blockchain network works.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- NodeJS installed.
- The entire course is done on a Mac - if you have a Windows PC, you will be responsible for adapting the information to that operating system.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Introduction 02:57 02:57
- What You Will Learn In This Course 03:03 03:03
- What Is A Blockchain? 05:26 05:26
- Environment Setup 04:02 04:02
- Project Source Code 01:10 01:10
- Project Source Code Link Article
Building A Blockchain
Accessing The Blockchain Through An API
Creating A Decentralized Blockchain Network
Synchronizing The Network
Eric TraubSoftware Engineer and Instructor
HI! I'm Eric. I currently work as a software engineer in New York City and I have extensive experience working as a teacher, instructing people in a variety of different subjects. I changed my career from teaching to software engineering because of the excitement it brings me and the passion that I have for it. I am lucky enough now to have the opportunity to combine both of these passions - software engineering and teaching!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now