KNIME – A Guide for Absolute Beginners
Use KNIME for data cleaning with a case study and learn how to perform some advanced data preparation
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course is designed for aspiring data scientists and data analysts who want to work smarter, faster, and more efficiently.
Data cleaning is always a big hassle, especially if we are short on time and want to deliver crucial data analysis insights to our audience. KNIME makes the data prep process efficient and easy. With KNIME, you can use the easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, if you are not an experienced coder. But if you know how to work with languages such as R, Python, or Java, you can use them as well. This makes KNIME a truly flexible and versatile tool.
In this course, we start from the basics and learn KNIME in a (hopefully) fun and easy way by going through a case study together and prepare the data based on the requirements in the case study.
After completing our data prep, we will learn how to visualize data using tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
Finally, we also briefly cover the predictive analytics capabilities of KNIME and see how easy machine learning in KNIME can be.
By the end of this course, you will be able to use KNIME for data cleaning and data preparation without any code.
All the resources and supportive files for this course are available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/KNIME-A-Guide-for-Absolute-Beginners
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn KNIME using a case study
- Prepare data in advance to visualize it later in tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Extend your data analytics knowledge
- Perform simple to advanced ETL (Extraction - Transformation - Load)
- Clean and shape your data the way you need it
- Learn how to use machine learning/AI predictive analytics capabilities
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- This course is also for anyone who wants to learn how to effectively clean data or encounter various data issues (for example, format) in the past and is looking for a solid solution. Note: Tableau Desktop and Microsoft Power BI Desktop are optional.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Learn KNIME in a Fun and Easy Way - Through Solving a Case Study
- Welcome and Introduction 01:11 01:11
- Let Us Get Started with KNIME - the Interface 09:30 09:30
- Let Us Take a Look at Our Case Study Data 02:44 02:44
- Reading Data into KNIME - the Basics. 16:41 16:41
- Using Loops for Data Import - How to Be More Efficient in KNIME 12:17 12:17
- Data Cleaning and Saving Files with KNIME 12:41 12:41
- Webscraping in KNIME - Extracting Currency Exchange Rates from an API 15:10 15:10
- Joining and Cleaning Our Data in KNIME 19:52 19:52
- Final Data Cleaning and Preparation Steps for Visualizing Our Results 21:30 21:30
- Bonus - Saving the Data as a Hyper Format for Tableau 06:19 06:19
- Visualization - an Introduction on How to Visualize in Tableau or Power BI 09:22 09:22
- Predictive Analytics in KNIME - Machine Learning AI to Predict Customer Churn 23:46 23:46
- KNIME - Log Out and Final Words 00:32 00:32
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now