- Job Search Skills Tutorial
- Job Search Skills - Home
- Job Search Skills - Introduction
- Job Search Skills - Goal Setting
- Job Search Skills - Resume Writing
- Job Search Skills - Format of Resume
- Job Search Skills - Cover Letter
- Job Search Skills - Portfolio
- Job Search Skills - Where to Search
- Job Search Skills - Interview
- Job Search Skills - Exercise
- Job Search Skills Resources
- Job Search Skills - Quick Guide
- Job Search Skills - Useful Resources
- Job Search Skills - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Job Search Skills - Introduction
In today’s competitive world, job search is a challenging task. During such a phase, various intimidating questions keep on rebounding in your brain such as where to find a suitable job, how to get a lead, how to develop an impressive resume and cover letter, whom to contact, what and how to prepare for the interview, etc. To get the right answers, it requires a deep research and an intelligent strategy.
This chapter answers these questions and suggests the right way to develop job search skills. All you need to do is follow the following steps −
Self-introspection is the most fundamental question to deal with. Behavioral School of Psychology suggests that much of our behavior is influenced by self-concept. Therefore, you have not only to introspect yourself carefully, but also need to do it very honestly.
However, it is a very difficult task to ask the right question to yourself and get the right answer. But there is no reason to be alarmed; simply following the steps described in this tutorial and honestly doing the exercises given at the end of the tutorial will help immensely. Answer the following questions −
- Who you are?
- What you want to be/what is your goal?
- What are the skill sets you have acquired?
- What are your values?
- What type of work do you enjoy doing?
- What are the strengths you have to attain your goal?
- What are the weaknesses that might be a potential impediment for you?
Once you answer these questions honestly, you realize the real picture of your potential. Self-realization will help you greatly to further strengthen your concept and improve your goal-oriented skill sets.
Self-realization is such an that helps in every point of your life, irrespective of your age and sex.
Once you introspect and realize your potential, it will become a source of motivation. Without self-motivation, it is very difficult to do even a simple task.
Possibly, you may face rejection, setback, financial crisis, etc., but don’t get discouraged rather keep yourself motivated. Self-motivation is the ultimate Goal Setting mantra (key) to success (watch the following video).