This course is quite informative and helpful. I have got practical experience of business analysis through this course. It has helped in my work as well as in clearing interview round.
IT BUSINESS ANALYST MASTERCLASS
Set yourself up for success and learn key business analysis concepts to thrive in your business analyst carrear
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2.5 hours
This is a practical approach to learning Business Analysis. In this I would be explaining the basics of business analysis, documents prepared by business analyst. I would be covering how one can gather business and functional requirement This course will also cover business analyst interview questions and applications that is must for BA. This course covers the following modules:
1: Introduction to Business Analysis, Why a Business Analyst?, Training Ladder, Role of a Business Analyst, Business Analyst Ingredients, IT Team Structure
2: Business Team Structure, Hands On- Documenting Business Requirements Document (BRD)
3: System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Overview, understanding 'As-is Business'
4: Case Study- Understanding As Is Business and Documenting BRD for a Life Insurance Company
5: Hands On-Documenting Functional Requirements Document (FRD)
6: Case Study- Documenting FRD
7: Hands On- Documenting Use Case
8: Hands On-Drawing UML (Unified Modeling Language) Diagrams-: Activity Diagram, State Diagram, Use Case Diagram
9: Software Engineering Processes: Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Scrum
10: Hands On- Documenting User Story
11: Power BI for business analyst. It will cover report view features of Power BI.
12: Understanding of product backlog. It will also cover how to prioritize it with using various methods such as T shirt sizing.
13. Hierarchy of agile task from theme, epic to sub task or bugs.
What will you learn in this course:
- Use a new elicitation technique to discover or validate the requirements.
- Experiment with a new visual model to clarify a complex concept.
- Consider a new type of requirements document to address a currently unmet need, such as a business process model, scope statement, or use case.
- our business analysis skills become more valuable as you learn to work with new stakeholders and gain a broader exposure to new domains. Doing the same type of work, but in a new context, forces you to take your skills to the next level.
- Working on different types of projects exposes us to new methodologies and types of requirements specifications. It also challenges you to discover the core business analysis principles that are relevant, regardless of what type of project work you are working on.
- With exposure to different projects, stakeholders, domains, and methodologies, you learn what works well and what doesn’t work so well. Often your BA process stays the same, even while your work changes and matures. Look for ways to incorporate what you’ve learned into your organization’s BA process so other BAs can benefit from your insights.
- When we have stronger relationships with our stakeholders, it’s easier to get more work done. Yet, if we’ve worked in the same organization for awhile, it’s easy to become complacent and rely on existing relationships to get work done.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
No prerequisites! This course covers A to Z of Business Analysis- eliminating the need of any prior Business Analysis knowledge or experience.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to Business Analysis
- What does business analyst do? How IT project works 06:56 06:56
- Introduction to Life Insurance Domain 07:31 07:31
- Business Requirement Document(BRD) for Life Insurance Domain 07:46 07:46
- FRD and requirement gathering for Life Insurance Domain 09:26 09:26
- User Story Document for Life Insurance Domain 13:39 13:39
Agile Framework - Scrum Methodology
Agile Framework - Kanban Methodology
UML Diagram for Business Analyst
Power BI for Business Analyst
Bonus Section : IT Project Planning
Interview Questions for Business Analyst
RAJAT SINGH KALRA
With 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, I have realized that the real Business Analyst role is completely different than what one would learn reading books and articles. Hence, I believe in a completely practical approach which can be seen in the videos. I have had the pleasure of working with amazing professionals in Finance, Insurance, eCommerce, Education, Mortgage and Digital Marketing Industries. I have learnt all the industry best practices and the goal is to deliver them to my students. Moreover, I have been working on Agile Scrum for more than 4 years and I am a certified Scrum Master.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
It provide me the complete detail about business analysts, IT work, guidelines of application fill up, etc. Overall I can say that I understand something new today ??
It is really a wonderful site of learning
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now