ISTQB Certified Mobile Application Tester Course
Be a ISTQB Certified Mobile Application Tester
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Certified Mobile Application Testers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- Describe how available mobile analytics data can be used as input for the test strategy and the test plan.
- Distinguish between various business models for mobile applications.
- Recall different types of mobile devices.
- Distinguish between different types of mobile applications.
- Distinguish between general architecture types of mobile applications.
- Apply characteristics and specifics of the mobile market in preparing a test strategy.
- Give examples of the challenges associated with testing mobile applications.
- Describe how risks specific to mobile applications may be mitigated.
- Describe device-specific features and hardware which should be considered for testing.
- Prepare tests for the app's compatibility with screen sizes, aspect ratio, and screen density.
- Describe how tests can show the potential effects of device overheating on the system under test.
- Recall different test types for testing of the various input sensors used in mobile devices.
- Recall tests to be run for various input methods.
- Describe how tests can reveal user interface issues when changing screen orientation.
- Prepare tests for an app using typical mobile device interrupts.
- Prepare tests for changing the access permissions to the device features requested by the app.
- Prepare tests to verify the impact of an app on a device’s power consumption and the impact of its power state on the app.
- Prepare tests for the handling of notifications by the system under test.
- Describe how tests can verify correct functionality of quick-access links.
- Prepare tests for the impact on an app of the user preference settings provided by an operating system.
- Distinguish between different tests required for native, web and hybrid applications.
- Recall tests required for apps which are available on multiple platforms or operating system versions.
- Recall tests required for co-existence and interoperability with other apps.
- Summarize the tests for connectivity testing, including those across networks, when using Bluetooth and when switching to flight mode.
- Prepare installability tests for mobile apps.
- Prepare stress tests for mobile apps.
- Give examples of security issues related to mobile apps.
- Recall time and resource behavior considerations for mobile apps.
- Prepare usability tests for mobile apps.
- Recognize the type of tests required for database testing of mobile apps.
- Summarize the tests required for internationalization (globalization) and localization testing of mobile apps.
- Summarize the need for accessibility testing in mobile application testing.
- Describe the additional test levels, such as field testing, and the associated extra activities required for effective mobile application testing.
- Describe the tests required for carrying out application store approval for publishing apps.
- Recall session-based test management, personas, and mnemonics in the context of exploratory mobile testing.
- Describe the usage of tours and heuristics as exploratory techniques for mobile application testing.
- Make use of a mobile specific tour (such as the Feature tour) to test a mobile app.
- Match the test process, as described in ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus, to the needs of mobile application testing.
- Describe the approaches to testing at each test level, specific to mobile application testing.
- Recall the development environments used for mobile application development.
- Recall some of the common tools supplied as part of application development platforms.
- Understand the differences between emulators and simulators.
- Describe the use of emulators and simulators for mobile application testing.
- Distinguish between various approaches to set up a test lab.
- Distinguish between common automation approaches and frameworks for mobile application testing.
- Describe various automation methods for testing mobile apps.
- Recall the various parameters to be considered during the evaluation of mobile testing automation tools.
- Distinguish between common approaches of creating test labs with advantages and disadvantages with respect to test automation.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction - ISTQB Mobile Application Tester Certification 13:39 13:39
Chapter 1 - Mobile World - Business and Technology Drivers
Chapter 2 - Mobile Application Test Types
Chapter 3 - Common Test Types and Test Process for Mobile Applications
Chapter 4 - Mobile Application Platforms, Tools and Environment
Chapter 5 - Automating the Test Execution
Neeraj Kumar SinghEntrepreneur | Instructor | Consultant | Author
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now