Intro to American Criminal Law (Part 2) - Crimes Against the Person
We use the law to teach people how to think, reason, and argue better.
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
In this class, we will study the crimes against the person in this class, including 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, felony murder, voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, assault, battery, and kidnapping.
What is the difference between first and second degree murder? What is felony murder? What role does the "heat of passion" play in voluntary manslaughter? We will explore all of this and more in an interactive and exciting way. We will be studying the common law version of these crimes as they may be different in every state or country (which we will also explore).
I will provide videos for the course that will explain each topic along with practice story problems (called fact patterns in law) to help understand each concept. Students will be instructed to listen to a brief lesson, pause the video and try the practice problems themselves, then unpause the video to listen to the answers. Students should pay attention to the thinking behind the answers, not just the answers themselves.
What will you learn in this course:
- Students will learn the about the common law version of the Crimes Against the Person
- Students will learn to look for the little details, think through a problem, and not settle on the first answer that jumps to mind
- Students will have a broader understanding of the world of criminal law
What are the prerequisites for this course?
While you do not need to take Part 1 to understand Part 2, you will get more out of this course if you do.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Crimes Against the Person
- 1 - Crimes Against the Person - Homicide 12:00 12:00
- 2 - 1st Degree Murder with a look at Michigan's 1st Degree Law 19:01 19:01
- 3 - 2nd Degree Murder With A Look at Michigan's 2nd Degree Law 18:31 18:31
- 4 - Felony Murder with Michigan's Felony Murder Law 17:43 17:43
- 5 - Voluntary Manslaughter 29:57 29:57
- 6 - Involuntary Manslaughter with Michigan Law 08:50 08:50
- 7 - Assault and Battery 12:15 12:15
- 8 - Kidnapping 07:02 07:02
- 9 - Stalking 12:20 12:20
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now