Inkscape Deep Dive: Beginner to Master
Learn the ins and outs of Inkscape and start making game assets, logos, icons, and more for FREE!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Do you want to learn how to create amazing game assets, logos, app icons, and more for FREE with Inkscape?
I'm Brandon and I'm going to help you master all of the tips and tricks I've learned while using Inkscape both as a hobby and professionally for many years.
Inkscape is a free, open-source vector graphics editor. Vector graphics are scalable, meaning they can be resized at any time without any loss in quality, and they are great for websites, games, mobile apps, printing, and much more.
Inkscape is an excellent alternative to Adobe Illustrator and Corel DRAW. They are also all very similar, so if you are transitioning from one of these other programs to Inkscape or you plan to transition to one of them from Inkscape in the future, you will have no issues.
The Inkscape Deep Course leaves no stone unturned when it comes to learning Inkscape and vector graphics. Whether you're a complete beginner to Inkscape or vector graphics or you've already been at it for a while, this course has plenty to offer you. Here are just a few of the dozens of topics we will be covering throughout the course:
the uses and secrets of all the tools in the Toolbox
create paths and perform path operations on them
copy, duplicate, and clone parts of our drawings
create our own patterns
do calligraphy and create a font
customize text for beautiful logos
enhance our drawings with path effects, extensions, and filters
bitmap and pixel art tracing
importing and exporting images
gradients, clipping, and masking
now includes updates for Inkscape version 1.2!
We will also have activities throughout the course to practice what we learn and a hands-on projects section at the end, where we will make real, usable artwork for things like games, websites, and apps. (All activity and project SVG files are included as free downloadable resources!)
So what are you waiting for? Join now and let's start creating today!
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn how to create beautiful artwork.
- Learn how to create game assets, icons, and more.
- Become an expert at vector graphics.
- Learn about everything that Inkscape has to offer.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No graphic design or drawing experience needed.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction & Installation 04:22 04:22
- Welcome Screen 03:09 03:09
- Interface Overview 05:44 05:44
- Interface Overview (1.2 Update) 01:07 01:07
- Canvas Navigation & Properties 11:30 11:30
- Layouts & Themes 02:22 02:22
- Creating Shapes 15:10 15:10
- Selecting Objects 05:23 05:23
- Transforming Objects 06:24 06:24
- Activity: Cute Amoeba 06:38 06:38
- Bezier Pen, Paths & Nodes 24:55 24:55
- Importing & Tracing Images 05:56 05:56
- Changing Objects to Paths 02:04 02:04
- Activity: Superman Logo 03:26 03:26
- Fill & Stroke 21:22 21:22
- Fill & Stroke (1.2 Update) 03:29 03:29
- Duplicating & Copying Objects 06:23 06:23
- Grouping Objects 11:16 11:16
- Sorting Objects 05:59 05:59
- Changing Strokes to Paths 01:50 01:50
- Text Objects 19:33 19:33
- Text Objects (1.2 Update) 02:16 02:16
- Align & Distribute 14:21 14:21
- Align & Distribute (1.2 Update) 00:53 00:53
- Activity: Monkey Logo 08:43 08:43
- Freehand Drawing 06:16 06:16
- Exporting PNG Images 07:33 07:33
- Exporting PNG Images (1.2 Update) 01:29 01:29
Brandon GrantGame Developer & Graphic Designer
Hi, I'm Brandon, and my passion is teaching--whether it be my native language of English or a programming language, graphic design, game development, or some other topic I've been using or learning about for many years. With my courses, you can rest assured that I will teach all topics in a clear, concise, and engaging way.
Please don't hesitate to message me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding any of my courses. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now