How to Lead a Team Under Immense Pressure
Going From Surviving to Thriving
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Concerns about stress and the adverse impact of immense work pressures are not new, but, for various reasons, work pressures seem to be growing in many areas. Supporting people who are under such immense pressure is a huge leadership challenge. This course has been developed to help leaders to rise to that challenge as effectively as possible.
It is based on ten principles, each of which has the potential to ease the burden and contribute to a healthier and happier workplace where staff feel empowered to tackle the pressures they face.
1. Pull the team together
2. Boost morale
3. Don't overload
4. Address team culture
5. Direct pressures appropriately
6. Encourage reflection, creativity and learning.
7. Encourage confidence and assertiveness.
8. Encourage self-care
9. Make sure people feel valued, supported and safe.
10. Focus on thriving, not just surviving.
There are no easy answers or formula solutions but paying attention to these ten key principles can significantly increase a leader’s ability to bring out the best in people in such difficult and trying circumstances.
The course is based on the experience and expertise of well-published author and international conference speaker, Dr Neil Thompson. He draws on his extensive work in the fields of human relations, wellbeing and leadership.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for managers and others in leadership positions faced with the major challenges of supporting staff in dealing with immense pressures
What will you learn in this course:
Supporting their team through high levels of pressure
Appreciating the significance of stress and the need to keep it at bay
Developing a fuller understanding of the significance of leadership
Feeling more confident in tackling the problems associated with immense work pressures
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 04:14 04:14
- Module Companion Workbook
- Principle 1 - Pull the team together 09:54 09:54
- Principle 2 - Boost morale 14:14 14:14
- Principle 3 - Don't overload 09:28 09:28
- Principle 4 - Address team culture 08:25 08:25
- Principle 5 - Direct pressures appropriately 06:53 06:53
- Principle 6 - Encourage reflection, creativity and learning 09:42 09:42
- Principle 7 - Encourage confidence and assertiveness 09:10 09:10
- Principle 8 - Encourage self-care 15:01 15:01
- Principle 9 - Make sure people feel valued, supported and safe 11:55 11:55
- Principle 10 - Focus on thriving, not just surviving 11:28 11:28
- Conclusion 08:08 08:08
Dr Neil Thompson is a highly experienced tutor and trainer. He is highly respected for his ability to explain complex ideas clearly and effectively. His gentle voice and unhurried approach are widely appreciated by online learners as will as attendees at his conferences and workshops.
He is an independent writer, educator and adviser based in Wales. He is also a visiting professor at the Open University in the UK.. He is a well-published author with over 200 publications to his name, including over 40 books, several of which are bestsellers. He has been a speaker at conferences in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Norway, the Netherlands, Greece, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Hong Kong, India, the United States, Canada and Australia.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now