Hotel Management - Understand Rooms Division Profit & Loss
Hotel Revenue & Expense Analysis with marketing reports and cost management tricks to improve profitability of hotel
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
A wide range of hotel management professionals in operations does not feel comfortable reading and presenting their department's financial performance due to lack of financial background & knowledge and training.
This course is designed to teach how to anlayse Hotel financial statements and with key terms used in operations.
After completing this course i am confident that you will be able to anlayse & present your department's performance easily and professionally.
You will be able to understand how your decisions affect profitability of hotel and improve hotels profitability.
Give your Career a head start by learning one of they key responsibilities of your career as department manager which is managing the departmental P&L
In this unique and first in league online course, we will
- Discuss and understand key unique terms used in hotel management.
- Understand definitions of revenue and expense heads.
- Drill down all revenue and expenses to the deeper level to gain understanding how to create impact through strategic decisions.
- Learn how to analyse the hotel profit and loss statement for room division.
- Discuss the profit & loss templates prescribed by USALI
- All terms explained are in compliance with Uniform system of accounting for lodging industries.
Course is Unique in the sense that we focus on theory as well as practical assignments which i will be reviewing personally and guiding your learning ensuring that you achieve your objective of subscribing to this course. I will ensure that you excel in understanding your hotel management aspects as far as it relates to financial terms.
Even though the course is online with no physical presence, assignments in this course will give you a change of personal interaction as i will review all assignment personally and give you personalized guidance.
Subscribe now and Share the love with others as well.
Who this course is for:
- Hotel Department Heads / Managers who are willing to sharpen their hotel management skills by learning the financial analysis side of operations.
- Front Office Managers, supervisors who wish to advance in their career by learning new skills on how to analyse and present Profit & Loss statements
- Room Division Professionals Seeking a career in Hospitality Industry and hotel management
- All hotel employees who want to learn how to analyse Room Division financial statements
- Hospitality Students who wish to give them a head start in their career by learning things quicker.
What will you learn in this course:
- Ability to understand Hotel Operation structure
- Understand Key terms used in hotel industry in very simple language
- Read Profit & loss statement and other performance reports without prior knowledge of accounting
- Present financial reports to Management
- Analyse the Hotel financial statements and performance results and take strategic decisions
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No Prior knowledge of finance or hospitality industry is required, we would be covering the basics of hotel operation as well.
- Need to have passion towards learning hospitality & Hotel Management
- Willingness to dedicate few hours a week to Learn Hotel Management
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Intoduction 01:11 01:11
- Hotels Operating Department & Cost Structure 03:31 03:31
- Hotels usual Operations Cycle and involvement of operating departments 03:35 03:35
Accounting & Financial Reporting in Hospitality
Rooms Division Financial & Operating Reports
Expenses in Room Division
Analyse Division P&L
Manish GuptaHospitality Finance Expert and Business Strategist
Mr Manish Gupta is an experienced hospitality finance professional, having a blend of financial core expertise with hands-on training in managing hotel operations and business development.
Having worked as an Auditor for 7 years, he moved into finance management for brands like Parsvnath Developers and Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts and currently serving as the CFO of HTOO Hospitality.
His role is to spread the finance function for the largest hospitality in Myanmar owned and managed by one of the biggest business houses in Myanmar. They have 16 operational and under development High-end boutique resorts (covering an overall room inventory of 800+ rooms), 2,000 employees. Most of the properties are leaders in their region on trip advisor and won various travel awards over a period of time.
He has proven experience in setting up the foundation for sustainable growth (in the form of management information systems, restructuring), ERP implementation, gear towards IPO readiness & IFRS convergence. With such a great skill set, the students can be assured about the quality of training with his expertise.
He has been teaching at various institutions in Myanmar such as Swiss Business School, American Hospitality Institute of Myanmar with students ranging from directors to CEO of various companies.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
Chartered Accountant – 2005 (Member of the ICAI) form Institute of Chartered Accountant of India
Company Secretary – 2005 from Institute of Company Secretaries of India
DISA (Diploma in Information System Audit) Supervisory Excellence (Online) & Business Leadership form e-Cornell University
Strategic Leadership from Shangri-La Global University
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now