Forecasting in a Time of Uncertainty
The tools and techniques you can use to make your forecasting more accurate in uncertain times
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
The days of “last year plus 3%” in forecasting are gone. The COVID19 pandemic as pretty much destroyed planning and forecasting as we know it.
So what do we do? And how can we forecast in a time of uncertainty?
Our “Forecasting in a time of uncertainty” webinar will help you build a path through the fog of uncertainty. We cannot solve all your problems, but we can give you some tips and guidelines to help you move in the right direction.
Our webinar will cover topics including:
· Revisiting the purpose of forecasting
· The problems of traditional approaches to forecasting
· Applying Agile principles to forecasting
· Criticisms of the Agile approach to forecasting
· Identifying the Levers of Performance
· Using simulation to test possible and likely outcomes
· Using Relative Forecasting
“Forecasting in a time of uncertainty” will help you become more responsive and adaptable in your forecasting methods and it will help you stress-test a wide range of possible outcomes, but there are no magic solutions.
Forecasting in a time of uncertainty is, by definition, unpredictable. This course will not give you a definite prediction – no one can do that – but it will help you get better at forecasting.
Who this course is for:
- Accountancy students
- Management trainees
- Finance managers
- Finance Professionals
What will you learn in this course:
- Tools and techniques to help them forecast in times of uncertainty
- The purpose of forecasting
- The problems of traditional approaches to forecasting
- How to become more agile in your forecasting
- Principles for Agile forecasting
- A Methodology for Agile Forecasting
- The Scrum Process
- Tools for Forecasting in times of Uncertainty
- Using simulation to explore possible outcomes
- Using Relative Forecasting
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no pre-course requirements
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Revisiting the Purpose of Forecasting 07:54 07:54
- Becoming More Agile 06:05 06:05
- A Methodology for Agile Forecasting 10:00 10:00
- Tools for Forecasting in Times of Uncertainty 03:24 03:24
- Simulation 1 05:58 05:58
- How do we know our data is normally distributed? 06:26 06:26
- Simulation 2 04:31 04:31
- Simulation 3 10:26 10:26
- Relative Forecasting 02:24 02:24
- Closing Remarks on Forecasting in a Time of Uncertainty 02:41 02:41
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now