Facilitation Skills: Facilitating High Performing Meetings
A course to help you develop your facilitation skills for business
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1 hours
Aside from professional or technical skills, I believe that facilitation is one of the most important skills you can possess in business.
Facilitation is fun and empowering. It is a skill that will really boost your self-confidence and give you internal strength that will help you in many areas from interviews to presentations to working with teams.
This course will help you.
In business, facilitation is about being an intermediary through whom discussions and actions can be coordinated more easily; and decisions reached more efficiently.
Business facilitation comprises two elements:
1. Providing a structure for the session that encourages a breadth of thinking, and engages everyone in the group
2. Creating a safe environment for people to air views and work together in a spirit of cooperation and trust
This course, Facilitating High Performing Meetings, will cover everything you need to develop effective facilitation skills including the principles of good facilitation; planning a facilitation session; generating and refining ideas; action planning; and giving feedback.
It takes skill, patience and emotional intelligence to be a good facilitator. The most important part of the role is to balance the personalities and agendas of the participants to ensure everyone can contribute in an environment of openness and support.
This course will help you. I hope you enjoy it.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve their facilitation skills
- Business Management students
- Managers and staff in organisations
What will you learn in this course:
- The principles of good facilitation
- The skills of a good facilitator
- How create an environment of trust, creativity and involvement
- How to plan a facilitation session
- The key elements of facilitation in a meeting
- Generating and refining improvement ideas
- Action Planning
- How to keep your facilitation fresh
- How to give feedback
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no pre-course requirements
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- What is Facilitation? 05:08 05:08
- L2 The Principles of Good Facilitation 07:40 07:40
- L3 The Skills of a Good Facilitator 06:53 06:53
- L4 Building an Environment of Creativity, Trust and Involvement 06:39 06:39
- L5 Exercise: Planning a Facilitation Session 03:54 03:54
- L6 Preparing to Facilitate 05:28 05:28
- L7 Exercise: Planning your Agenda 03:31 03:31
- L8 Facilitating the Meeting 05:54 05:54
- L9 Generating and Refining Ideas for Improvement 06:20 06:20
- L10 Action Planning 05:03 05:03
- L11 Keeping it Fresh 04:08 04:08
- L12 Giving Feedback 04:35 04:35
- L13 Giving Feedback Exercise 03:55 03:55
- L14 Key Learning Points on Facilitation Skills 05:51 05:51
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now